Yet another DDJ-SX or TRAKTOR S4?
    Tech Student

Default Yet another DDJ-SX or TRAKTOR S4?

Im trying to decide between 2 controllers but since ive never dj'd, what do you think between the 2?
    http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.aspx?product=DDJ-SX
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...-s4/?page=1808

I like the pads on the pioneer, but for the size and portability maybe it would be better to go with s4 and a midi fighter or something on the side?

Quote Originally Posted by Trapzoid View Post
    I like the pads on the pioneer, but for the size and portability maybe it would be better to go with s4 and a midi fighter or something on the side?
    Correct. The S4 is more portable.
    If that's your biggest concern.
    SC | MC

are you a traktor guy or a serato guy?

i owned both the S2 and the S4, and currently have the DDJ-sx

i love the ddj-sx to bits but i really wish sometimes its made for traktor

as much as i love the ddj-sx sometimes i thought if it was best if i got a traktor specific controller, seeing that now i use the ddj-sx with traktor most of the time and not really enjoying it

i love the ddj-sx in serato, everything works as it should, great 1:1 mapping and great jogwheels
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

The ddj-tx might be coming out if you want to make your choice more difficult lol.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

haha if a ddj tx comes out get that for sure, but i havent heard about that coming out anytime soon .. honestly the first thing you need to do is decide if you want to use traktor or serato and then go from there, if your gonna use serato i would get the pioneer ddj sx or ns6 maybe, if your gonna use traktor go for the s4 or numark 4 trak, and i would say traktor is better for house / dubstep , while serato is a little better for hip hop, thats just my opinion, a lot of people would say otherwise

Tech Wizard

Im a traktor guy, and use the DDJ-SX and works fine!

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    The ddj-tx might be coming out if you want to make your choice more difficult lol.
    This seems like the moste reasonable follow up idd, Just like a Kontrol Z4.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

with native instruments releasing their own gear/hardware its highly unlikely that the DDJ-TX or any traktor equivalent of the ddj sx will ever come out
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Wizard

If you like Serato you could always get a VCI-400 with Serato DJ which is being released soon. It's half decent with Intro. Or the S4 Traktor. The SX looks so nice but is huge.

I personally use a controller because it saves space because I don't have the room to have to turntables/cdj and a mixer and is easy to transport. You'll definitely want a flight case for the SX or not take it places very often.
    Vestax VCI-400, Midi Fighter, SRH-750DJ's, Traktor Pro 2