X1 with Maschine Mikro advice

Default X1 with Maschine Mikro advice

Hello there,

I was writing for advice on how to use my X1 and Maschine Mikro inside Traktor Pro 2. Advice? Mappings? Can this even be done properly?

Thanks in advance. (I apologize if there is a thread regarding this. I couldn't find one)

Tech Mentor

I'm in the same boat as you, just got the mikro and tried to get it to work with deck C/D but the mapping supplied with the maschine seems to work on deck A/B only...another wierd thing is that to siwtch between hotcues and the "play" page you have to push group and then select the page but this could easily be implemented via a toggle instead.

anyway to get it to work just get the maschine into midi mode and then navigate with the arrow below the screen to the looping controls otherwise the encoder won't work properly (as it will try to chose another layout)
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Thanks for that. I haven't actually tried using my Maschine Mikro with the X1 yet but I'll keep that in mind.

Honestly, I would like to use Maschine Mikro to trigger my Remix Decks (granted I know it can only do a limited number) and some other things. I don't necessarily need to have a crazy mapping with everything since the X1 handles the majority of that just fine. But to be honest I know so little about mapping as I am new to the digital aspect.

Tech Mentor

yeah the mapping works fine but I'd prefer if it was C/D instead of A/B but that's just my preference...
    oh one thing that I forgot: go to midi mode then select traktor 2 and then navigate with the arrow key and it should work for A/B. What I then did was go into the preferences and in the X1 tab select C/D for the X1 to control - hit recalibrate and you're set
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro