Beginner Sound Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'll be back later. I have to run. Main problem with that soundcard is that the outputs are stereo. Your speaker (Behringer B215D has mono inputs) So you need to get an adapter (may come with the soundcard already) that is a 1/4 inch stereo to (2) 1/4 TS MONO.

You may need some adapters to accomplish this.

Be back soon. Good luck.

This is from the NI Audio 2 Users manual:

"• 1 and 2 - Outputs (Line and Headphone): Use these ¼" stereo output sockets
    to connect the TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 to your headphones, your DJ-mixer or
    your amplifier. Specifications are identical for both outputs, so you can
    connect your headphones, amplifier or DJ mixer to either output. If you
    want to connect the TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 to a device that does not offer
    ¼" input sockets, e.g., a DJ-mixer or hi-fi amplifier, use a ¼" jack to
    RCA cable. Please note: Connecting the TRAKTOR AUDIO 2 to powered
    speakers may require additional cables and ¼" stereo jack to 2 x ¼"
    mono socket adapters (not included)."

Tech Guru

Loverocket all he needs to to is run a stereo trs to 2 1/4 inch mono inputs on the mixer he bought. Straight out from there to however he wants to run his speakers (main out and booth on that mixer i think). Headphone cueing to be run from remaining stereo out on audio 2.

After rechecking the spec there's 3 stereo line inputs on it.
    Last edited by D-Kem; 02-02-2013 at 03:34 AM.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

He doesn't have a mixer yet. In my opinion, he doesn't need a mixer.

And yes, just like I stated, he needs a 1/4 inch TRS to (2) 1/4 inch TS cable.

He needs one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YPP117-in.../dp/B000068O54

And two of these: http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

>

Tech Guru

He states earlier in the post that he's bought the mixer and an alto sub. I think a mixer inessential fo the weddings he is doing. A vci 100 and an audio 2 simply isn't enough. If his laptop fails he has no music ready to go and no mic. You could get away with the bare minimum at a party but not at a wedding.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    He states earlier in the post that he's bought the mixer and an alto sub. I think a mixer inessential fo the weddings he is doing. A vci 100 and an audio 2 simply isn't enough. If his laptop fails he has no music ready to go and no mic. You could get away with the bare minimum at a party but not at a wedding.
    I'll agree.

He needs an emergency source of audio. whether it is a cd player or an ipod hooked up to his spare channel/line in on the mixer.
    especially if this is an untested system. if something should fail, he has a backup.

My mobile amp racks all have spare rackmount dual CD players (or a 1U SD card player like the "American Audio Media Operator Media Player 1U" or a "Denon DN-F300") in it just for emergencies. (Ebay or Craigs list should turn up used ones). again, an ipod will work also. just keep it charged.

You don't want an epic fail for a wedding reception.

Don't forget lights. that can make a big difference in setting the mood.

Also consider rentals if you cant afford all of your gear ahead of time, I have more then once had to rent additional speakers and lights. Since i tend to do more club mixing and after hours events, I don't own a crapload of mobile gear other then enough for a small hall.

Edit
    In looking at the the setup you have now..
    it looks like it is this setup:
    VCI >usb> Laptop >usb> soundcard(channel1) > Mixer > amp(if you nave one) > Speakers.
    your headphones would go into channel2 on the soundcard
    your monitor speaker would have to be plugged into the mixers aux output with an independent volume control (booth, monitor, or at the worst the headphone out).

I am sure this is similar to how you do it now without the extra amp in the setup.
    you have to think of the soundcard and the VCI as a single unit with 2 stereo outputs.
    Last edited by johnm; 02-02-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123