behringer ddm4000 analog

Default behringer ddm4000 analog

Hi, I have two numarks ndx800 and a behringer ddm4000 mixer. My numarks are hooked up to my computer functioning perfectly as a midi controller]
    but I want to use my behringer as an analog mixer because I was having trouble mapping it. How do I hook things up and do i need an external soundcard ? Thanks

Tech Mentor

No, you shouldn't need an external soundcard. Just hook up the 800's as midi controllers, and you should be able to RCA them to the ddm as you would a TT or normal CDJ. They should then output the sound from your software to the mixer through the RCA and use use software in external mixer mode.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

I'm certain that you need an external sound card. The ndx800's do not have the ability to receive audio over USB.

- Hook up the usb cables from the NDX's to the laptop (mine go to a usb hub).

- Set traktor to external mixing mode

- Make sure the correct sound card is selected

- Set the audio outputs to channels 1/2 (left/right) for deck A and channels 3/4 for deck B

- Plug the red/white RCA cables from your sound card outputs for ch1/ch2 to the mixer line inputs for ch1 and outputs 3/4 from the soundcard to the mixer line inputs for ch2

That's all there is to it