Ableton live setup help?!

Default Ableton live setup help?!

Hey so i am wondering about ableton live and what to use with it. I recently purchased a Traktor Kontrol S4. I am trying to become a electric live dJ. for examples i want to come out like madeon. I am wanting to make my own music. what live setup would work best. Ableton live 9 suite? or is suite not necessary? I am pretty sure i am going to get 2 Novation launchpads, and a akai LPD8. will that work great?

Quote Originally Posted by BenWilliams View Post
    Hey so i am wondering about ableton live and what to use with it. I recently purchased a Traktor Kontrol S4. I am trying to become a electric live dJ. for examples i want to come out like madeon. I am wanting to make my own music. what live setup would work best. Ableton live 9 suite? or is suite not necessary? I am pretty sure i am going to get 2 Novation launchpads, and a akai LPD8. will that work great?
    You bought a kontrol s4 for use with ableton that's a big mistake you should have bought the akai apc 40 which is built for ableton instead of the S4 which is built for traktor. Don't expect to be making music live either it's nearly impossible to be producing full mastered tracks on the fly in a club. Ableton suite is good for the studio but it has a massive learning curve. Guys like Madeon have been producingvfor years so don't expect that you'll be writing amazing tunes in a couple of months be patient and you will be rewarded.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

i have been using ableton live for 8 years and i still learn new things about it. do not spend a penny on controllers right now, i recccomend sites like vstcafe.com, looptv.net, airbasemusic, and of course DJTT for tutorials learn the software, practice mixing and over the "years" you will figure out what you need. yes it will take you years

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    i have been using ableton live for 8 years and i still learn new things about it. do not spend a penny on controllers right now, i recccomend sites like vstcafe.com, looptv.net, airbasemusic, and of course DJTT for tutorials learn the software, practice mixing and over the "years" you will figure out what you need. yes it will take you years
    This right here. Dont even bother spending money on a controller, its not going to mean anything when you can't use the program :/

Quote Originally Posted by BenWilliams View Post
    will that work great?
    If you lack the ability to describe accurately exactly what it is you want to do and what techniques you want to employ to do it then you'll only be making bad choices and spending your money on stuff you don't need. Learn to DJ on the S4, learn to produce on Ableton. When you really need a new controller you'll know.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    If you lack the ability to describe accurately exactly what it is you want to do and what techniques you want to employ to do it then you'll only be making bad choices and spending your money on stuff you don't need. Learn to DJ on the S4, learn to produce on Ableton. When you really need a new controller you'll know.
    ^this right here. gotta crawl before you walk.