VCI-400 Doesn't show as soundcard in my mac, please help !

Default (SOLVED) VCI-400 Doesn't show as soundcard in my mac, please help !

Hi !

I'm using TSP 2.6 on a macbook pro retina (Lion).

My VCI-400 works fine as midi controller but TSP refuses to see it as sound card.
    I've upgaded the VCI with last firmware, mapping ok.

I tried with the setup wizard, but the VCI 400 doesn't show in the list (VCI 100 does, but...)
    In the audio setup, I can only select "built in audio".

Any suggestion ? Pleeeease help ! I get fed-up trying all possible configs
    Last edited by SuperColin; 01-22-2013 at 02:47 PM.

I am no expert - but it maybe due to the VCI400 being a USB2.0 Audio Device and the Retina MacBooks only having USB3.0 Ports.

I remember there being problems with the Retina Macbooks when they 1st came out as even though USB3.0 Ports are meant to be backwards compatible with USB2.0 - The USB3.0 equipped MacBooks were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghaggis View Post
    I am no expert - but it maybe due to the VCI400 being a USB2.0 Audio Device and the Retina MacBooks only having USB3.0 Ports.

I remember there being problems with the Retina Macbooks when they 1st came out as even though USB3.0 Ports are meant to be backwards compatible with USB2.0 - The USB3.0 equipped MacBooks were not.
    True, I had this problem when I first installed TSP on my mac but then I change a kext file in order to downgrade USB 3.0 -> USB 2.0.

I don't think USB is the problem, otherwise the midi functions wouldn't work.

Finally found with the help of Vestax support.

When I installed TSP2 on my retina mac, sound was crappy because NI AUDIO 6 device coudn't work with USB 3.0 , so I applied an edited kext file in order to downgrade from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0.

I just had to go back with the original kext file (IOUSfamily) and Tadaaaaaaaaaa

i recently moved from windows to a macbook pro 15 (mid 2012 usb 3.0)

and i didnt have to install any drivers for my regular vci 400. i plugged into the usb 3.0 port....and traktor pro 2 automatically sees vci 400 as an option in the audio set up.

i didn't have to do any downgrade of kext files to change the port to usb 2.0. i guess apple has fixed this problem and it does it automatically.

is a mac that smart? it was able to see my controller w/o any drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperColin View Post
    Finally found with the help of Vestax support.

When I installed TSP2 on my retina mac, sound was crappy because NI AUDIO 6 device coudn't work with USB 3.0 , so I applied an edited kext file in order to downgrade from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0.

I just had to go back with the original kext file (IOUSfamily) and Tadaaaaaaaaaa
    so i guess our regular VCI 400 work with usb 3.0 ports on macs.....becuase i know it doesn't work with usb 3.0 ports on windows computer, got really choppy sound or even no sound.