Drink got spilled over our vestax vci 400 unit. The other tempo slider got messed up.

Default Drink got spilled over our vestax vci 400 unit. The other tempo slider got messed up.

So we can't figure out how to decompose this thing so that we could clean it up. Does anyone know is there any blow-out schematics considering this product? We can't get the upper metal plate off from the body and there is no pics or related information on the internet that could benefit us. Does anyone know how should we proceed in our situation?

I had a drink spilt over my vci400ege on new years and I was able to get the faceplate off. Make sure you have all knobs and faders off minus the rotary encoders they can stay on. Make sure all screws and all 4 Hex nuts(on the corners) are removed. I was able to get the face plate off with some patience. I took out all line faders and soaked them in 100percent Isopropyl, let them dry and then I lubed them up with "Caig Deoxit fader lube". I couldn't figure out how to get the pitch faders off though. They seem to be soldered right onto the PCB, so I used a Qtip and some 100%iso and cleaned them the best I could then lubed em up. Everything seems to be working like normal, actually my line faders now feel smoother and uniform. best of luck to ya, I know how shitty that feeling is seeing liquids flow into your gear.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    I know how shitty that feeling is seeing liquids flow into your gear.
    Familiar feeling... Especially when someone else does it for ya.

Tech Student

I had this happen but on my performance grid (of all places right?) any advice on how to clean those buttons out?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    I had this happen but on my performance grid (of all places right?) any advice on how to clean those buttons out?
    Same thing. I would open up your unit and clean the area with 100% isopropyl and let dry. Might affect your warranty though
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d