How your traktor Z2 looks after 2 weeks of practicing (aprox 30 hours of use) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

So if I order a Z2 now, will I have the same problem with the faceplate or has this since been corrected?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Nope, but you can circuit bend most Fischer Price stuff.

Then if you swap out circuit for pitch.....you have pitch bend.

Then...you can ride the pitch around the bend, while saying BAAAA....at this time you hold onto the loop at the end of the string and give it a little tug every 3rd beat. That then makes it gate.

If you hold onto the string, letting it go in slowly....thats the Stretch Effect.

Smash it on the ground...and you have the Hawtin Effect.

Who needs a Z2????
    Admittedly, it is a very technique-sensitive bit of kit.

Totally!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bassgoesmeow View Post
    So if I order a Z2 now, will I have the same problem with the faceplate or has this since been corrected?
    Maybe. If you do, they will send you a replacement faceplate free of charge when it's available.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Guru

What a big fail. How they could not see this happening with test units?

I mean, I'm sure that all those DJs that made those promo videos had more then 30 hours of work to produce and record the routines, right?

This could only happen if the test units were not labeled or didn't had the interchangeable faceplates that we are seeing on the market right now....

Tech Mentor

NI just doesn't care.

Tech Wizard

I think the the plexi on the S4 & Z2 just looks so cheap.. we all know it will scratch up with normal wear and tear.

And NI should know better thinking the silkscreen would stick to plastic. they need to put it "under" the plastic so you can see it though the plastic or etch (or carve) it into the plastic and fill in the etching with paint.

i remember when i used to skateboard and there were kids that actually tried to save the graphics on the bottom of the board... we called them posers.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I think the difference there is that no one expect a skateboard's artwork to last that long. A mixer isn't quite the same.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    i remember when i used to skateboard and there were kids that actually tried to save the graphics on the bottom of the board... we called them posers.
    LoL. and you probably rocked a Numark mixer in the 80's to early 90's with all of its graphics worn off (they were were "the" mixers back in the day, but they did start to loose the graphics after about 6 months and blank metal after about a year).

The graphics wear off on pretty much all mixers that are used hard. the concern here is .. it should last more then a few weeks.. not at this price. especially since he is not rail sliding it ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast