How your traktor Z2 looks after 2 weeks of practicing (aprox 30 hours of use) - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I still don't much mind, but all of my crossfader paint is gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    I think the the plexi on the S4 & Z2 just looks so cheap.. we all know it will scratch up with normal wear and tear.
    Not to defend NI here, but that center bit is not plastic like on the S2/4. It's made from a "highly polished" aluminum. However, I can't help but be curious about what you said here:

Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    or etch (or carve) it into the plastic and fill in the etching with paint.
    I wonder if that would have worked?
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    Not to defend NI here, but that center bit is not plastic like on the S2/4. It's made from a "highly polished" aluminum. However, I can't help but be curious about what you said here:
    You made me go look...
    It is acrylic on the S4. you can see the paint for the faders in under it. that's why they are not having the same issue as the Z2. If you are unsure, notice the line level meters and track indicators are also under the acrylic.

I cant speak for the Z2. I have never actually used one yet.

I know that it's acrylic/plastic on the S2/S4..that's exactly what I said!!!

It's "highly polished aluminum" on the Z2, hence the reason that it's wearing off so quickly.!!!
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |

We're talking about the glossy middle bit, right? It sure wasn't aluminium on the demo unit I played about with.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Yeah, the glossy bit in the middle of the S2/4 is plastic...........the glossy bit on the Z2 is polished aluminum.
    Or at least the one's I checked out were.

Huh, guess I'm remembering it wrong!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    I know that it's acrylic/plastic on the S2/S4..that's exactly what I said!!!

It's "highly polished aluminum" on the Z2, hence the reason that it's wearing off so quickly.!!!
    OOps so you did. I read that wrong..

was actually considering this for a setup with CDJ's .

Everyone was talking about how solid the build quality is and then I see this !
    Well , hopefully the new faceplates are coming soon!
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

The Z2 is riddled w' issues, and they aren't just skin deep....though, I really didn't expect it not to be.
    This is NI's first attempt at this after all!! I am sure that the Z2 MKII or Z4 will be muuuuuch better mixers.

It's for it's few hardware, and many software issues that I had to pass on getting it. I REALLY wanted it,
    but stiff upfaders, really? That was easily my BIGGEST GRIPE on the hardware side of things!! Note to Mixer
    Manufacturers....DJs don't need to be coddled like little babies. For decades prior faders had little resistance,
    and now for the past few years or so, companies are making them quite stiff as if beginners are incapable
    of making precise volume adjustments without them. But I suppose that's a bigger argument for a
    different thread.

Anyhoo, I hope this X1600 I just bought ends up being a smart decision.

If anyone at NI reads this......please add Efx Sends/Returns to your next mixer.
    Forcing people to remain in the digital ecosphere is both restrictive, and annoying.
    Some of us still like analog effects in addition to digital!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast