How your traktor Z2 looks after 2 weeks of practicing (aprox 30 hours of use)
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default How your traktor Z2 looks after 2 weeks of practicing (aprox 30 hours of use)

yeah
    i am having this problem, after about 2 weeks of practicing (volume faders were gone after 2 hours)
    white letters under every knob (filter,low,...) are mostly down so soon i will have only blank black desk with knobs

do you also have this problem or is it just me and i should go to the store and let them to replace it ?
    Last edited by tekki; 01-25-2013 at 07:31 AM.
    soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/magdalenemusic
    facebook https://www.facebook.com/mvytlacilova

just another female producer

Open a support ticket with Native Instruments. They're aware of the problem and have said they'll replace the faceplates (which luckily enough are just attached magnetically) when they have improved ones in stock.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Wow, that's shockingly bad...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

If that is truly after only 2 weeks then its totally shocking!! NI have seriously messed up there.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

They are fixing it at no cost. Should have the new faceplates in stock soon.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

I guess this is why they made the Z2 with interchangeable plates.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by fokaisnake View Post
    I guess this is why they made the Z2 with interchangeable plates.
    They made it with interchangeable plates so that it's (1) easier to swap out faders, and (2) so that you can customize them like the Maschine.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    If that is truly after only 2 weeks then its totally shocking!! NI have seriously messed up there.
    Nah - I don't view this as a serious problem in the least. NI is replacing them, as others have mentioned, anyway.

My Z2 is missing a lot of the paint under the crossfader, especially on the the right side (I favour the left turntable and don't reverse the crossfader), but most of it was lost - as I've said elsewhere, but I don't remember where - when I let another, much better, turntablist cut on it.

Err....I can understand that you paid for this device and obviously want it to be worth the cost and be of value.

However, surely you know where everything is fader wise?

Its not like I need the markings under my fader.

But as mentioned....2 weeks in....and you paid for it, so I guess you entitled to bitch a bit.

NI replacing them...so at least there is that.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Nah - I don't view this as a serious problem in the least. NI is replacing them, as others have mentioned, anyway.
    Its not a problem because as Sarasin says we all know a crossfader from an EQ pot. BUT, NI have still messed up. The fact that the faceplate is replaceable has nothing to do with this issue. Why would they make a product that is inferior and needs changing regularly? they wouldn't. The faceplate is changeable for one reason.... customisation. This mixer (unofficially) is NI's way of showing that they can make serious hardware. There are people all over the internet who hate on the S2/S4's build quality - unwarranted in my opinion but its there - and this mixer is supposed to remove that ill feeling. Having something as simple as this go wrong is a HUGE oversight IMO.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast