Tech Convert

Default Any other programs I can use to make a drum rack that can be imported into ableton?

Hey everyone,

Just got live launchpad edition and trying my hand at some remixing/producing, was wondering if there is another piece of software I can use (mac compatible preferably) that I can slice up a drum rack and import into ableton or if there is a way to do similar within ableton?

Simply because I really want to use the drum rack, or similar function, but don't have the money to upgrade D:

Thanks

-Specky

Well, what functionality are you looking to replicate? I don't think what you're asking about is possible, but you could definitely create a drum pad like effect with a launch pad and some instances of simpler.

Alternatively, maybe look into some free drum machine vsts?

Tech Convert

Well I'm knew to the whole thing but basically I would like to be able to cut up samples (some self produced, others downloaded) and then use my launchpad to trigger them, but at the same time.

Like this:

but using my own samples.

Thanks!

Just had an idea, not perfect, but you can use MLVR to preform with a launchpad pretty adequately I'd imagine.

parallelogram.cc/mlrv/

Tech Convert

I'll check it out as soon as I can and let you know how I go.

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken.....you can do this with everything you have right now. Use the sampler in Live and chop up and load samples into the Launchpad. There are a lot of tutorials online showing you how to do this.