The Manual

Thread: The Manual

Tech Wizard

Default The Manual

has any one ever given it a read? This is actually the first time in my 3/4 years of using live that i have actually taken out the manual from the box and broken it's spine. I wanna know Ableton back to front before 9 come's out. Im walking around with it close to my chest like a minister with a bible.
    Long live the Noob Wizard

Wait for 9, read the 9 manual... No point reading up on outdated software. You can get the basics from the manual, but there are usually fundamental differences from 1 version to the next...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Well since nothing of the core functionality changed it's not bad to read the 8 manual. In fact now that I remeber you can get the 9 manual in the beta forum somwhere also.

Now the biggest change for the manual is the browser, apart from that the other new features doesn't break previous functionality.

For me the manual was more usefull for midi and audio effects as well as for the native instruments.

So yeah, go ahead, it's a good idea to read, I am pretty sure you will find things you didn't know were possible.

Tech Wizard

Well it's not like I don't know how to work work Ableton like a chef with a a dozen eggs. My main reason is mainly because I'm self taught in Ableton and after all these years i have perfected my own way of working around Ableton. I'm just going through the manual just to find new ways and ideas of doing stuff, I will say i found a use for the TAB key. i'm not a shortcut key guy but now that i know it ill probably use it more often.

I also want to go through the manual for 2 other reasons. Reason 1 being i want to know it back to front so that I know what exactly changes when 9 comes out and to see if it does make Ableton better. Reason 2 Again i want to know Ableton back to front so that i can become a Ableton Guru and upgrade my status from Noob Wizard to Noob Ableton Guru Wizard.
    Long live the Noob Wizard