Buy Music
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy Music

Tech Wizard

Default Buy Music

So, I was thinking that I want to buy musics from Itunes and then burn them to Cd's so I can organize them as I want, but let's imagine I go to a gig where I only have Cdj's, then i just will need to bring my cd's case.
    Then imagine that police goes to that gig and asks me to see my music so they can see if it is illegally downloaded or bought from somewhere. So my question is, how can I show them I bought the music on Itunes? I don't have my computer there and I just have some burned Cd's.
    When I buy music from Itunes I get some kind of certification on a papper that I bought it?
    Do you buy music from anywhere or just play with downloaded music?
    (Thanks and sorry for my begginer questions and bad english)

Tech Wizard

Just print a copy of your iTunes receipt or if you have a phone that you can access your email on, or even anything that can access your iTunes.

That will absolutely never happen. There are no piracy police shaking down DJs, don't worry about it.

police don't even deal with music piracy.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-23-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    That will absolutely never happen. There are no piracy police shaking down DJs, don't worry about it.

police don't even deal with music piracy.

So u mean I don't really have to buy the music I want to play at a club?

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Duque View Post
    TECHNICALLY, no. But you really should.

Pirated music usually isn't good quality. Especially if you're planning on using a Youtube to MP3 Converter.

Solution: Buy your music!
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    TECHNICALLY, no. But you really should.

Pirated music usually isn't good quality. Especially if you're planning on using a Youtube to MP3 Converter.

Solution: Buy your music!
    don't confuse piracy with free music though. there are a ton of very high quality releases that artists freely give away themselves.

also op, where do you live that you're worried about the police coming to look at your music receipts? there's been a couple of these threads and i just don't understand how it's even remotely enforceable.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    don't confuse piracy with free music though. there are a ton of very high quality releases that artists freely give away themselves.

also op, where do you live that you're worried about the police coming to look at your music receipts? there's been a couple of these threads and i just don't understand how it's even remotely enforceable.
    I'm from Portugal and a friend of mine just told me he was Djing and police came and told him to show his cd's and he got to pay beacuse he didn't buy the music.
    I just can't understand if he had buy the music how could he show them since he had no laptop there.
    Really the only option I see is to have a print screen of Itunes library.
    Do you agree with that?

Here in belgium it's not the police who chase pirates but a specific company who manage the copyrights from artists. The only thing they can think about is "how do we gain money?". We need to buy a dj-license (€279), the organizer of the party needs to pay random royalty's to the copyrights-company. And if you get caught with some "illegal" remix, you can pay a forfeit...

Anyway, pay for your music in the first place to respect the artists & producers, second for avoiding troubles with copyrights.
    DJM-750 | 2 x Technics 1200 | Audio 10 | Midifighter Classic | Midifighter Twister | Kontrol X1|  MBP 13"

If I could afford buying music right now I would. But I cannot so I spend my time looking for those awesome freebass downloads!

Also try chatting up your fav artists. The amount of free songs I have gotten from just talking to an artist over soundcloud is getting a little bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Duque View Post
    I just mean being afraid of the police shouldn't be the reason you buy music, and you don't have to worry about saving receipts and proving you bought your music to anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast