Will my speakers be powerful enough for an upcoming party
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will my speakers be powerful enough for an upcoming party

I am going to be DJing a party for possibly 200 people Im curious if my pair of http://altoproaudio.com/products/ts112a will be powerful enough or will I need to rent a second pair or whatever else Ill need to get.

Tech Guru

Add a sub or 2. Also those tops are 400w continuous. You won't have much headroom for 200 people
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Im no expert, but id think the size of the room your playing will be an important factor as well.

Ive got a similar set up mate, and i found that just active speakers weren't quite 'filling' enough for whatever i was doing, as in they were loud but not at all warm, so i bought an active Sub to go with them for some extra rumble.

As it stands ive got x2 400w speakers and a 1200w active sub (gained by accident when the company i bought it off mishipped me it. I originally wanted a 600w, but got that monster for the same price. I wasnt complaining!) and they fill a small hall/large bar type venue quite well.

Again im no expert, but that works for me.
    Last edited by DubluW; 01-24-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

it definatey has to do with what place ur going to play at.

sure it will fill up a 80 sqm room. But if its more like a sportshall id definately put some subs in there aswell.
    remember that if the sound is bad your set will sound bad and you will be remembered for a bad set, so dont cheap out on the sound!

So I'll probably rent a sub if possible and get some stands. I haven't been to the place yet but Im guessing its a bit smaller that a highschool cafeteria. It's at an American Legion if that helps, my friend works there so he is going to reserve the space

Tech Mentor

What kind of music and what type of party? If it's just dinner music, you'll be fine... if it's music for dancing, you DEFINITELY need at least 1 subwoofer. Those speakers will have zero low end in a large room, especially once you get bodies in there.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Primarily a dance party and It'll be a mix of house, moombahton, hip-hop and a few other genres

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Luxuro View Post
    Primarily a dance party and It'll be a mix of house, moombahton, hip-hop and a few other genres
    In that case... 2 subs minimum and I would also recommend 2 more tops. You'll definitely push your 2 existing tops to the limit without.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    In that case... 2 subs minimum and I would also recommend 2 more tops. You'll definitely push your 2 existing tops to the limit without.
    This right here.

The most badass set up I have used so far from me and my buddies renting is 4 tops like your original picture and 2 1200W subs. It can go louder then your ears personally will enjoy!@

I never heard of Alto Pro until reading this thread. How do you like the build and sound quality? These fit my price range.
    Used Record Shopper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast