APC20 vs Launchpad

Default APC20 vs Launchpad

hi DJTT,

I have two questions I'd like your help with:

1) For basic DJ'ing on ableton, would you recommend the APC20 or the novation launchpad? I'm leaning a bit towards the APC just because it has proper faders, but if the launchpad is that much better, I'll get that.

2) I have a cracked copy of ableton suite 8* is there any difference between it and the versions that come with the APC or the Launchpad? If so, what?

*= I know, piracy is bad. I'll be honest, I got the copy to test it, and I don't mind paying for it now that I know I want to use it. So I'd like the fullest version possible, but I can't really shell out $500 for suite 8. But right now I'm mainly intrested in using it to make basic mixes (ie, just having simple loops** to serve as transitions between two songs made by people who aren't me, beatmatching, lowering the volume of one track and raising the volume of another, ect), so I think a basic 'lite but not too lite' copy will do for now.

**= I also have FL studio, and I can make a decent sounding pattern, though making full length songs is still far beyond my reach. But I just make a few patterns in FL, export to .wav, then load them up in ableton.

thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bigussy View Post
    hi DJTT,

I have two questions I'd like your help with:

1) For basic DJ'ing on ableton, would you recommend the APC20 or the novation launchpad? I'm leaning a bit towards the APC just because it has proper faders, but if the launchpad is that much better, I'll get that.

2) I have a cracked copy of ableton suite 8* is there any difference between it and the versions that come with the APC or the Launchpad? If so, what?

*= I know, piracy is bad. I'll be honest, I got the copy to test it, and I don't mind paying for it now that I know I want to use it. So I'd like the fullest version possible, but I can't really shell out $500 for suite 8. But right now I'm mainly intrested in using it to make basic mixes (ie, just having simple loops** to serve as transitions between two songs made by people who aren't me, beatmatching, lowering the volume of one track and raising the volume of another, ect), so I think a basic 'lite but not too lite' copy will do for now.

**= I also have FL studio, and I can make a decent sounding pattern, though making full length songs is still far beyond my reach. But I just make a few patterns in FL, export to .wav, then load them up in ableton.

thanks in advance!

The launch pad is nice and all but for 50 more dollars you get a metal build that will last, and faders. So unless you have a lack of space or a lack of money then buy the APC 20