s4 not recognized on the In-Port?
    Tech Wizard

Default s4 not recognized on the In-Port?

im looking to map my s4 in midi mode (shift + browse) to be able to use the new flux mode.

i want to be able to shit + browse into midi mode and use the deck cue buttons to trigger flux mode per that deck.

when i add a new generic midi controller I am unable to select the s4 for my In-Port. my F1 shows up but no S4. i am in midi mode (shift + browse) when i edit the controller.

i did some reading and heard this might be a controller editor problem? has anyone had this problem and found a work around?

You are able to use the S4 when just using it in regular mode?
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Yes the s4 works fine. Just not able to recognize it when I try to add a new mapping.
    thats the strange part. i read it was because of the controller editor but i'm not sure why that would be?
    Last edited by .saint; 01-24-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Tech Wizard

dang. this is bugging me

I tried switching the usb cables and ports on my mbp.
    the S4 plays fine, I can use it and control traktor just fine.

I'm just having a problem with mapping it. It's not selectable in the In-Port.

If i load up the controller editor and hit buttons on the S4 its recognized on the controller editor. So now I'm thinking this might be a Traktor bug?

Anyone out there that can confirm?

Traktor 2.6.0
    Preferences > Controller Manager > Add... > Generic MIDI > now see if you are able to select your S4 for the In-Port?

The only options i have are: None, All Ports, Kontrol F1 & Traktor Virtual Input
    I posted this question on NI's forum also but still have yet to hear anything.

I sent a ticket to NI about this.
    Last edited by .saint; 01-25-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Tech Wizard

this is bugging the hell out of me! obviously.

can a few people try to add a mapping just to see if there S4 is there? im hoping this is a traktor problem and not a hardware problem.

you can delete it as soon as you make it. lol
    takes a minute or 2.

im trying to replicate what is going on here, he is using 2.6 but traktor scratch pro. i dont hatch scratch just pro. im wondering if this is a bug???

i need to get this figured out cause i want to play around with some mappings.
    i want to combine a similar FX jog wheel mapping like ean's and scamo's to the midi layer.
    Last edited by .saint; 01-26-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Tech Wizard

FIXED!
    finally! i re-installed the 2.5.1 driver twice with no luck so i decided to try the 2.4.23 driver and it worked. i now can finally map & do what i want because the in-port can find the S4.