what can be midi mapped in serato dj?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what can be midi mapped in serato dj?

interested to hear what people have midi mapped from serato dj

I have a VCI 380 and was just thinking how it will work for with the new 4 knob FX... I have heard that these can all be mapped to an external controller, can someone confirm?

Also with the sp6 I assume slot volume and trigger, any midi mappable way to capture/load from a playing deck? I think serato call it instant double but so far you gotta use the mouse to drag a loop in...

I assume the deck filters are not mappable? would love to be wrong...

hot cues I assume but what kind of looping, could a mapped X1 loop knob work senisibly?

and no midi out right?

is anyone out there using a secondary controller midi mapped with serato dj?

its a question id like to know too ? i was thinking a mapping for the xone k2 for controlling sp6 player !

No midi out, and other then deck platter or mixer channel specific functions just about everything is midi mappable. Haven't really gotten too deep into it, with the sx there's not much reason to. When I get home I'll check. When the vci300 gets it I was thinking about buying one again and using it with am x1

But the sx can't ( at the touch of a button or dial ) control individual sp6 bank parameters ? Ie loop , sync , volume , pitch . I know there is no 6 channel controller out there with those features . I just don't want to be touching my laptop to run/control the samples . As I don't have the equipment yet just trying to find some info if its been done and how as Scooter is

diezdiazgiant , sounding promising...

have been plotting this for a while, for me the vci380 is my fav controller todate but lacks control of sp6 and the new 4 knob per unit fx

no midi out isn't the end of the world, would have been nice to be able to map channel filter independent of the fx, ah well.

still mulling over the best way to map the extras using f1/x1/maschine mk2... nice to have options...

alright guys - i am at home in front of my sx lets go thru what is mappable...

- record mode: you have level and the record button itself
    - fx: deck assign, fx type, all 4 control knobs and toggle switches
    - sp6: output assign, play, playback modes, playback start, sync, gain, volume, mute, keylock, tempo, tempo nudge, master sp6 volume
    - video: cant say, video is incompatible with my laptops videocard.
    - decks: tap tempo, play, sync, sync disable, skip track forward/back, repeat, censor, eject, cue points, loop legnths, loop delete, loop save, deleting saved loops, and interesting enough you can assign keys to triggering the saved loops like hot cues, or you can assign toggle activating/deactivating the boundaries of saved loops.
    - gui: toggle viewing of record, fx, sp-6, video panel; toggle thumbnail of cover art in library; open files, browse, prepare, history.

and thats exactly what is midi mappable in serato

thanks for clearing that up!

Tech Wizard

I'm also interested in the video mapping. Any one know? I wanna get my MF3D working on this thing!
    Pioneer DDJ-SX on MBP
    2x RCF ART 312A tops and RCF ART 705A sub
    Chauvet 4bar Flex, Scorpion RGX, Circus

just as a followup, i decided to give it a go using the x1 and sticking to two deck mixing - its pretty awesome. once serato dj is ported to the vci300 i will definitely be picking up a vci again. the x1 will definitely fulfill the needs in control from the added features

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast