maschine iceberg coolness speculation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default maschine iceberg coolness speculation

seeing all these NAMM teasers and releases makes me wonder what will happen with the maschine that Mike Gao was hinting at in his interview (http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/11/0...io-mike-gao/):

"I may be biased, because this summer, I worked on some new features for the Maschine as part of the Native Instruments R&D team. I don’t want to say anything and get in trouble, but the Maschine MkII update is only the tip of the iceberg of all the cool shit that Native is plotting for the Maschine."

I guess he doesn't specifically say traktor and NI don't recently anounce stuff at these big shows but still...

Maschine as another type of deck, instead of remix deck, kind of a locked down VST sort of implementation, no need for midi sync? That would be awesome...

I guess it could also be a straight integrated alternative for the F1?

maschine finally gets more sequencer functionality? and a mixer maybe?

iMaschine gets extended to do more? would be cool, its looking pretty weak these days compared to impc and bm2

I'd love to see Maschine get its own deck in Traktor, so hopefully it's that. Also the thread title is so good, haha.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Beefed up imachine paired with the Machine hardware to control it would a solid lil standalone affair.

Tech Wizard

lmaoo I remember that interview and its funny tha tline you quoted is the only thing that caught my attention. A maschine deck of its own is an amzing idea. I never thought of that. Pretty much any increased integration between Traktor and Maschine for me is a win. I dont think they play nice together at the moment.

Excuse me while I clean the drool from my mouth at the thought of vst's in Traktor. Should any man have that much power?

I just hope all to new/upcomming goodies are not reserved for Maschine 2.0
    Just bought the MKII and would be pissed if there is another update in 6 or 12 months.

Thanks for the nfo !
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama View Post
    I just hope all to new/upcomming goodies are not reserved for Maschine 2.0
    Just bought the MKII and would be pissed if there is another update in 6 or 12 months.

Thanks for the nfo !
    this is true....It should be a good year for traktor and maschine updates. IMO this really need to incorporate some sort of a grpahical interface in maschine. I like the layout of the daw but it could do with a more modern look If I had to find something negative to say

online timestretching?

stretching with traktor? i.e. sample in maschine, drag to traktor as wav, pitch shift, drag back as wav (I think this is only possible one way M->T at the moment right?)

some kind of built in side chaining? other than lfo/tempo synced work arounds... (or have I missed something...)

more flexible midi mapping for the standalone version?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Maschine as external FX processor would be cool, but I would guess that would be part of an overall package of enhancements.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by scooterADAM View Post
    online timestretching?

stretching with traktor? i.e. sample in maschine, drag to traktor as wav, pitch shift, drag back as wav (I think this is only possible one way M->T at the moment right?)

some kind of built in side chaining? other than lfo/tempo synced work arounds... (or have I missed something...)

more flexible midi mapping for the standalone version?
    built in side chain would be amazing. For now I use the LFO tool plugin (see below link). I have it set up where it reads the midi note pattern of my kick drum too get more of that pumping effect. I havent looked into a lfo/tempo work around.

Tech Guru

Maschine should simply be capable of reading traktors beat grids, making chopping and re edits really easy.

Maybe it's just me and I'm doing it wrong but the one thing I found annoying with ableton is how it's auto warp can sometime screw up a perfectly good song. Hardly any modern music requires warping so I feel like it'd be a major workflow improvement to just use traktor grids.

I think the logical step for them is to really use maschine as a next step for Traktor users who would like to start producing. The more you can link them and create a fast workflow for making your own edits the more successful maschine will be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast