maschine iceberg coolness speculation - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Maschine should simply be capable of reading traktors beat grids, making chopping and re edits really easy.

Maybe it's just me and I'm doing it wrong but the one thing I found annoying with ableton is how it's auto warp can sometime screw up a perfectly good song. Hardly any modern music requires warping so I feel like it'd be a major workflow improvement to just use traktor grids.

I think the logical step for them is to really use maschine as a next step for Traktor users who would like to start producing. The more you can link them and create a fast workflow for making your own edits the more successful maschine will be
    100% Agreed. Looking at the preview for the one software...they are boasting some pretty cool features.I just like the fact that its really flexible and customizable. I know not all people would like this but for them to have some sort of connection between maschine and traktor that would allow for that level of control is the next logical step.

well a couple of months have passed... the NI teaser just turned out to be battery/komplete stuff of little consequence to maschine, pfffffft.

same with the ipad app..

surely something major will happen in the next quarter, 1.8... comeonnnnn 2.0!

top contenders:
    * DAW like features?
    * Maschine as a Traktor deck integration?
    * Traktor as a Maschine plugin integration?

necrobump back to life!

+2 months

been since june 2012 since an 'on the record' thingy (http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=167185)

Mr Mike Gao, as talented as his is, seems to have been a little premature with his awesome musing re immentent functionality.

WTF NI is anything going on with maschine? I love it to bits but am really starting to wonder...

Tech Guru

NI could really open machine with a grid based sequencer 16x16 to run along side the current Machine.

Sort of like Ableton Push, you could use it to trigger scenes, and sequences or it could be used as a keyboard.

I know i'd buy it on release, and i'd say the techno style DJs that use would use it over the current MPC style controller

2 things I want, I would literally go to Germany and beat someone up at NI for it....lol

-live slicing in traktor via maschine or F1

-vsts inside traktor, just imagine playing arps tightly synced to the current song! Um sick.....

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by beisi View Post
    stretching with traktor? i.e. sample in maschine, drag to traktor as wav, pitch shift, drag back as wav (I think this is only possible one way M->T at the moment right?)
    actually wavs can be dragged from masch to traktor, or traktor to masch! this was how i did my timestretching in maschine before we got the offline stretch. unforch maschine can't handle mp3 drag and drop :/

--

i am also hoping for a maschine deck in traktor, and i would love to see some fl studio type sequencing (paint in the patterns) put into maschine

bumping to keep the speculations flying...

maschine integration optimism rapidly fading... I think NI are gonna maybe put in some kind of of slicing (ala SDJ slicer / TDJ freeze) with some other hardware

given the whole groove box marketing of maschine surely it would make sense to allow for better transport control of it when using it in standalone mode. Running a fully fledged DAW in the background just for transport is pants, NI, give me tempo nudge buttons and i'd be one happy camper!
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=156322

/on a related note, can anyone recommend a light weight VST host that has midi mappable tempo nudge controls?
    Last edited by beisi; 07-14-2013 at 04:09 PM. Reason: related note

Tech Guru

I think a Maschine (software) update is imminent, just got the classic "only a few days left to buy Maschine w/free expansions" email. This is NI's final push to drive some sales before introducing a new update a couple weeks later.

Another two years have passed.

Seems that Mike Gao was talking about stems/LCD screens as being the iceberg that MKII update was just the tip of.

Given Serato hinting at Bridge resurrection a whiles back...
    http://serato.com/forum/discussion/1426185

What do you think the odds are that we see Serato Bridge 2.0 before any Traktor Maschine integration?

Feels like NI don't have any desire/incentive to make it happen.

annnnnnd another year has passed lol...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast