Ableton Live 8 buy or not to buy? Hmmm tuff one here. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Razzlesnaz View Post
    Best thing that ever happened to me technology wise was my Xbox 360 dying and me getting a copy of Ableton Live upgrade from lite. I have never looked back and been happier. Production is a passion and an education. If you are passionate about producing then you will stick with it until you get the results you want. Do it, get Live.
    +1 I don't own a current-generation console, and it's turned out be a solid choice time-wise. Once in a while, I'll still drop in to a tournament or something, but a lot more of my time is spent in Ableton and I'm happy about it.

Thanks guys! I think you all have done a good job and convinced me to just put the money down and further my education in producing. Especially the guy who's xbox 360 died out. I've thought about selling my systems because they really don't get me anywhere in life. I've had this xbox 360 for atleast 5 years or so and still hasn't died. Good motivation post though.

I've been looking into Pro tools 10. Anybody have experience with it?

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    I've been looking into Pro tools 10. Anybody have experience with it?
    Yep. I own it. It works very well!

I like the offer they have at the moment with the 25% off and Live 9 for free. On the other hand I'm really interested in Bitwig. I have a feeling they'll stop with the Ableton offer as soon as Live 9 hits the shelves and I don't think Bitwig will have any more information before that event.

I suppose Bitwig is missing out on a big opportunity if they don't give more info on pricing/releasedate etc, since I don't think I'm the only one in this pickle.

I'm only getting 1 DAW, don't want to get used to 2 workflows since my time is limited as it is.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

Tech Guru

Wasn't there some theory that Ableton put out a pirate copy of their software knowing that it's not the most accessible thing otherwise, and that way people will get into it and buy it eventually?
    They ran a poll on their site and it showed that a lot of people did get the pirate copy then bought it down the line when they knew they liked/could use it.

Biting was telling people at NAMM that they weren't still some ways off from release, Live 9 will definitely be out very soon however.

Yesterday I spent the morning using Live 9, then played Dead Space3 on the Xbox in the afternoon. Double win

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    Wasn't there some theory that Ableton put out a pirate copy of their software knowing that it's not the most accessible thing otherwise, and that way people will get into it and buy it eventually?
    They ran a poll on their site and it showed that a lot of people did get the pirate copy then bought it down the line when they knew they liked/could use it.
    That actually makes a lot of sense considering its like a $900 program. Thats pretty steep for someone who doesn't even really know if they are going to like it. Yeah you can get the demo but whats the point if you cant save anything and come back to work on it?

Quote Originally Posted by grazz16 View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense considering its like a $900 program. Thats pretty steep for someone who doesn't even really know if they are going to like it. Yeah you can get the demo but whats the point if you cant save anything and come back to work on it?
    Come on -

I can't find it being sold new for more than $600.

The demo is a full working version of the software, for 30 days.

My local music store has ableton live 8 for 299 euros (399 dollars)

Will I save a lot of money if I get it now ? I have about a week left before live 9 hits the shelves right ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast