Z2 tips/tricks/questions
    Tech Convert

Default Z2 tips/tricks/questions

Hola,

So after all my procrastinating and buying a Z2 I've given it a good old workout and wouldnt mind asking a few questions of fellow users if certain things are possible.

Can you record a mix in Traktor in between mixing mp3's and REAL vinyl?

Can you use the mic without Traktor running? (ie just as you would in a standard mixer) I tried this and it didnt seem to work unless I initialised traktor then shut it down.

Can you sync the remix decks without having to use a mouse? I know you can sync decks A & B, but can you press a button or combo to sync C&/or D with the master?

How do you toggle between looping samples and one shot play in the remix deck?

With FX like Delay, for instance, can you change other variables or only the right hand one (there's 3 knobs for some of these FX as well as the dry/wet)

thanks for reading

Len

Just being curious; what FX do you have loaded up normally? I trimmed the list as it became unmanageable

Loving the mixer - had a few issues initially where it would drop out - seemed to be with my computer as it was plugged into an adjacent usb to my laser mouse and they interfered with each other somehow. Apart from that when I switched it to the opp. side of the computer its played very nicely with everything.

Build is great, buttons are nice and it integrates with Traktor workflow like a dream.

Tech Mentor

Most of these questions can be answered by reading the manuals, but I'll help with the first one. In order to record real vinyl (or traditional CD's), the deck needs to be set to "Live Input". You can quickly do this by holding down "Shift" while hitting the Traktor button on the Z2. You can also select it manually in the software.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Convert

thanks for that - I need to experiment with Live input. I HAVE read the manual, I guess I've missed it, if its there. Will try looking again.

Tech Student

Sorry but, Those questions are very interesting and we can't find it in the manual....
    Like: Is anyone know how can you sync the remix decks without having to use a mouse?
    I would like to know...

Or

Indeed, It's NOT specified in the manual...

Quote Originally Posted by Deekev View Post
    Sorry but, Those questions are very interesting and we can't find it in the manual....
    Like: Is anyone know how can you sync the remix decks without having to use a mouse?
    I would like to know...

Or

Indeed, It's NOT specified in the manual...
    I have played around with trying to get the remix decks in and out of sync with the Z2 and have had no luck. Same with changing the playmode for the samples. Unless you have an F-1 to edit and control the remix functions on the Z2, your only option is to use your mouse.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA