VCI-400 with timecode setup questions

Default VCI-400 with timecode setup questions

So I'm looking to get me one of these VCI-400's but have a few questions before I do.

1. I was planning on connecting the outputs of my Audio 6 to the inputs of the Vestax so I could timecode plus use it as a standalone without a computer if I wanted. I saw on youtube that if you connect inputs to the line inputs of the it changes the eq and filters to analog mode. This is cool except I'll be using the outputs of the Audio 6 as the main mix and so the eq's won't do anything since they don't change anything in the software. Is there a way to to connect to the inputs of the Vestax but still retain Midi functionality in the eq's and filter knobs of decks A & C?

2. Do the the VU meters still work correctly for each channel and the main mix when you are not using the Vestax as the traktor soundcard?

3. Is the cue/mix knob on the front of the unit (really all of the buttons on the front of the unit) midi programmable?

Thanks for your help

Tech Mentor

i too am looking to get a vci-400 from djtt to use with timecode and would like to know more about the vci-400 as a stand-alone mixer. also, it seems to me that performing the firmware update from the above video would alter the functionality of the features built into the ean golden firmware edition
    2011 MacbookPro-Lion (2.2GHz i7), Audio 10Dj, Allen&Heath Xone 42, 2 X Technic SL-1200MK3, VCI-100SE - FW1.4 (TSI 4.0), Kontrol X1, 2 X Novation Dicers, iPad (TouchOSC), TraktorScratchPro 2.6

I wish the s4 could be used without a laptop
    NI Traktor Kontrol S4 - Sennheiser HD 25 - MF SPECTRA

Tech Wizard

The standalone firmware can be updated safely, and does not affect the djtt firmware. I have updated my EGE in the following order with no issues:
    Vestax driver v1.6.1 + included firmware
    DJTT firmware v2
    Vestax standalone firmware.
    All functions work and it's an awesome piece of kit, especially if you add a kontrol f1.
    vci400se | envy beats i7 | traktor pro 2.5.1

Angry Vci 400

I just got the VCI 400 and I'm disapointed that I have to purchase or update VDJ Pro in order to fully experince utilizing the 4 decks in virtual dj which is the one that I favor at the momment....if any one has their own 4 decks mapping please hook me up........I don't want to spend anymore $$$$$ right now......