A couple of Traktor questions - probably quite advanced shit
    Tech Convert

Default A couple of Traktor questions - probably quite advanced shit

bunch of questions - cheers for any answers.

5. when i'm in the browser with a track selected and minimize the view (space bar) why does it not keep the track highlighted in view?

6. can't i set a default view for the browser? - every time i open the browser i want the latest tunes on top but it always opens with the list flipped..

7. can't I listen to tunes in the browser?

8. Traktor often crashes on exit - the flushing background tasks hang - if it's a corrupt file can't it tell me?

9. Traktor quite often completely chokes when i use the remix decks, i get and sometimes it will literally smash up the audio and drops the tempo - almost like slowing-down a record just without the pleasing-aesthetics of that sound.

10. Do Native-Instruments ever reply to anything on their forum and actually solve peoples' problems? - and if they do have decent support how have you got it..

- sorry i was kidding about these being advances problems and i do apologise for sticking loads of questions in one post. it will never happen again.

simotron

you can listen to tunes in the browser, in your settings under browser section there should be an option to enable preview player. the rest is a mystery to me lol

Tech Guru

To number 6, You should just double click the import date header in your browser (if it's not there, right click and activate it), if it's in the wrong direction, double click it again and it will put the new tunes on top.

The remix decks choking sounds like a hardware issue.

I can answer questions 1-4.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I can answer questions 1-4.
    is the answer to number 4 D or is it C

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    is the answer to number 4 D or is it C
    Always choose C if you dont know the answer. IT got me through high school lol.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simotron View Post

10. Do Native-Instruments ever reply to anything on their forum and actually solve peoples' problems? - and if they do have decent support how have you got it..

simotron
    Have you ever actually read the NI forum?
    There's mods helping people 24/7 with every conceivable issue.

It's a user to user forum not a support forum . If you need Support you need to contact Support.
    If you want a volunteer to help you then Im sure there's a moderator or two with 10000's of posts that's might help.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Have you ever actually read the NI forum?
    There's mods helping people 24/7 with every conceivable issue.

It's a user to user forum not a support forum . If you need Support you need to contact Support.
    If you want a volunteer to help you then Im sure there's a moderator or two with 10000's of posts that's might help.
    - well i might've missed that - i just did some searches for some recurring issues i've been having and checked those threads..

the 'flushing background tasks' crash seems like a fundamental thing and yet all the replies were from other users and nothing was resolved - I would've thought NI moderators would've posted in that forum and solved the issue.

Default Traktor Answers

Quote Originally Posted by simotron View Post
    bunch of questions - cheers for any answers.

5. when i'm in the browser with a track selected and minimize the view (space bar) why does it not keep the track highlighted in view?

6. can't i set a default view for the browser? - every time i open the browser i want the latest tunes on top but it always opens with the list flipped..

7. can't I listen to tunes in the browser?

8. Traktor often crashes on exit - the flushing background tasks hang - if it's a corrupt file can't it tell me?

9. Traktor quite often completely chokes when i use the remix decks, i get and sometimes it will literally smash up the audio and drops the tempo - almost like slowing-down a record just without the pleasing-aesthetics of that sound.

- sorry i was kidding about these being advances problems and i do apologise for sticking loads of questions in one post. it will never happen again.

simotron

As for the crashing on closing, this happens to me when i have the program open for many hours - especially after changing the keyboard mapping. The first thing to do is to get in the habit of clicking 'save the collection' every half hour or so. If you right click on 'Track collection' i think its the first thing that pops up on the dropdown menu. Or you could map a key to save collection (easier if you know mapping).
    Also, to stop the crashing on closedown, try right clicking in the info status bar at the bottom and clicking on 'stop analysis jobs'. Even if you're not analyzing anything, it seems to work. A glitch or bug in the program i think.

Hope that helps

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

5. Probably a mapping error.

6. Set your layout as wanted > export 'other preferences and settings' > Import it again > restart Traktor.