Traktor on Asus ux32vd

Default Traktor on Asus ux32vd

Anyone used Traktor together with the Asus ux32vd? I'll be using traktor together with the Audio 4 DJ or dual CDJ-2000's. I'm particularly concerned about USB 3.0 crashes, and the CPU spikes that the Audio 4 driver causes on some machines.

I've checked DPC latency on a demo unit. Looks good to me.

If it doesn't work out I think I'll get a Lenovo x230 since IPS is a must for me.

Tech Guru

DOn't know anything about the laptop, but if you run into issues with audio crackles/drop outs with Audio 4, one thing that is good is that you can still use the 2.0.15 driver. As soon as drivers 2.9.4 and above came out, is when people starting to have issues w/ that in a massive quantity. If the laptop is USB3 only, unless NI has fixed the issue, that soundcard will more than likely not work.

Quote Originally Posted by TWD View Post
    Anyone used Traktor together with the Asus ux32vd? I'll be using traktor together with the Audio 4 DJ or dual CDJ-2000's. I'm particularly concerned about USB 3.0 crashes, and the CPU spikes that the Audio 4 driver causes on some machines.

I've checked DPC latency on a demo unit. Looks good to me.

If it doesn't work out I think I'll get a Lenovo x230 since IPS is a must for me.
    If you're going to use CDJ-2000's, you won't need a Traktor soundcard.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

I need to know if both work as it all depends on if they have the new CDJ's or not.

It looks like all of the ports are USB 3.0. I've heard there's a hack to make them run 2.0, but this might not be the right option.