can i get some help please? Traktor related!

Default can i get some help please? Traktor related!

Hi I'm trying to record using Traktor audio 6, 2 cdj 1000s and djm 800 mixer. I've got the decks working fine but i'm having trouble with how to record the set, both A and B jacks on the soundcard are used by the decks and mixer, so how do i get traktor to pick up and record what is playing?

I know this is a pretty common question and i've had a look online but struggled to find the exact setup and answer. I imagine it has something to do with the record jack on mixer but just can't figure out where to plug it in??

Any help is very much appreciated!

thanks

Tech Mentor

i believe you need to run a line out of the mixer, into your mic in on the laptop, then use you could route that to deck C live input, and then traktor can record what deck C is playing, which is the output of the mixer.

thanks very much i'll give it a go

Ok, booth out from the mixer into "main" input on the front of the audio6. set deck d to "live input", in the preferences, set the input routing for deck d to "main in" and set recording to external. You can use either booth, rec out or main out on the mixer, up to you.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You could use the booth out, but you really have to watch your levels. A safer bet would be to connect the record out to your Audio 6. This will prevent the signal you'll be recording being too hot.
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"