using audio technica lp120 with technics sl1200
    Tech Student

Default using audio technica lp120 with technics sl1200

Hey ive been lurking the forums for a little bit and got a question some of my dj buddies couldnt answer.

I asked for turntables for xmas and my folks got me a lp120, im stoked on it but want to eventually go with two technics. I dont think ill be able to afford a pair to start out with so i was wondering if both the audio technica and a single technic will work together in the meantime. i know the lp120 has built in preamp and no ground (even though i was planning on gettin that modded on the 1200s) So will i get away with using two different tables?

thanks all for the feedback

Tech Wizard

There is no reason why that would be a problem. There may be a difference it volume between the two if you are using phono input for the Technics and line level for the LP120 but you just need to adjust your gain or channel volume on your mixer accodingly.
    2x Denon Dns 3700s, Korg Zero 4, NI x1, Macbookpro, KRK rocket 8s, KRK sub.

Tech Wizard

Oh & don't stress too much about getting Technics decks they were the be all & end all of the TT world but the deck you have is fine.
    2x Denon Dns 3700s, Korg Zero 4, NI x1, Macbookpro, KRK rocket 8s, KRK sub.

Tech Student

ok sweet thanks guys! im stoked to start building a vinyl collection. I would probably wanna run the same cartridges on each though am I correct? will the shure m-447 work with the lp120

Thanks again