new daft punk album coming in spring - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    honestly there still isn't much else with as much funk, disco, and groove while still having a very electronic feel.
    It was called French House that's why.

All the Frenchies went (sold out) electro

>

Tech Guru

Da Funk is still a beast Nicky. Funk and an acid groove mmm
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    All the Frenchies went (sold out) electro

>
    You count Kavinsky, Justice, Brodinski, SebasiAn, Breakbot and Gesaffelstein as 'sell outs' ?
    https://soundcloud.com/birdsofprey2
    https://twitter.com/MikeOshell

"Ask no questions, you hear no lies" -- Mark Strong

Quote Originally Posted by MyMotto View Post
    You count Kavinsky, Justice, Brodinski, SebasiAn, Breakbot and Gesaffelstein as 'sell outs' ?
    Yes. Those dudes ain't making "French House" anymore.

It's very difficult to find true "French House" . Not house that is from French producers, but "French House" like this:

>

^ yeah no I agree; but i think that as stand alone producers France produces some of the best producers and artists.
    https://soundcloud.com/birdsofprey2
    https://twitter.com/MikeOshell

"Ask no questions, you hear no lies" -- Mark Strong

Tech Guru

First saw Daft Punk live at Tribal Gathering 1996, in the very early stages of their career (as Daft Punk), before Homework came out - which I still think is their best album. The Essential Mixes they did around then are also superb along with the couple of Essential Selection mixes, really good sets. I'm definitely interested to see what they come up with, but I'm not expecting great things tbh - I hope to be wrong of course.

Ref French House producers, tend to agree, just look what Guetta/Bob Sinclar went on to do, awful euro/EDM stuff, not my cup of tea at all! However the stuff released in the mid-late 90s on Roule, Crydamoure, Kitsune, Yellow, Vulture, Superdiscount etc etc, was great, although as with all new popular genres, it became saturated with a load of rubbish.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderbas View Post
    Daft punk is overhyped in the US I guess. I'm guessing they will re-invent themselves other than make a successor on a previous success.
    ^This is definitely a possibility. With how much they avoid publicity and such I can definitely see them releasing new music under a different brand.

I think no matter what the duo are still probably working on some crazy stuff, but I doubt it is going sound very similar to their old stuff. Which is good IMO because if it did what would be the point? It was the creativity and composition which made their music awesome and if they just run off the same vein it won't have the same value. Plus, my impression of their personalities is that they don't really care and just want to push the envelope.

As for all the "french house sold out" BS, there's a reason music changes. Nostalgia is great and all but don't you ever want to listen to something new? Most producers do and that's why they produce. Whether they sell out or not, you'd get sick of making the same pulsing bassline after a year or two too. I liked Feed Me's throwback to that style on his last EP, but he still pushed it in a different direction. I wouldn't say he "sold out"; he just made a track he thought sounded good. If all you want is an old school french house vibe, I'm sure there are thousands of novice producers trying to sound just like Daft Punk, but the talented producers have moved on because they wanted to do something else.

I have seen rumors on rumors about Daft Punk's return and I hope this one has merit. I'll restrain my pessimism because it doesn't have much point, but I doubt its going to go down like a normal album/tour announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I have seen Daft Punk ...

One the greatest days of my long life.
    ^^ This ^^

/thread
    If they don’t want to see the light…..just make them feel the beat…..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234