Moving to Urbana-Champaign,IL
    Tech Wizard

Default Moving to Urbana-Champaign,IL

Hey guys!

I've been a San Antonio native for 25 years, but it looks like that might all change in a few months! My wife was recently accepted into a grad program in Urbana, IL so we're prepping for a life change. What kind of music culture is in Urbana-Champaign? I mix progressive house and trance, so I was wondering if I'll find some of that there.

Any info/tips/advice on the area is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jaeros

OMG rofl, my parents are moving there in march/

i have no clue what type of scene there is there, all i know is its a small place. but i too would be interested in finding out

Tech Convert

I'm finally useful. Well somewhat. Anyways, I live twenty minutes from there and can say yes it is a lot smaller than what you're used to. However, I think the college scene is quite healthy given the amount of students that go to the university. I go to college out east but when I'm on break I still go to all the local bars, which are a plenty along Green Street. The Canopy Club also features a lot of big names every now and then. I know Above and Beyond has played there I believe last fall. I don't know specifics but I'll say the music culture is definitely open to EDM.

Tech Wizard

Chicago isn't to far of a drive. Last time I was in Champaign it was mostly bar music but that was about 8 years ago.