Found this petition while googling the xone db4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Found this petition while googling the xone db4

I'll be signing this, even though I dont own a DB4, it would be one more reason to save up for one. I dont think NI will care but at least someone is still trying.

https://www.change.org/petitions/nat...heath-xone-db4

I don't think 100 signatures is going to sway NI's decision......now if they got 5,000, maybe?
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

I still have trouble picturing a huge amount of setups consisting of two turntables and a DB4. Scratch certification just doesnt make much sense; besides, it's going to take a lot more cash than a petition can promise to get NI to certify the thing. A&H probably calculated that the aforementioned 2 TTs with a DB4 setup isnt exactly a common option, and opted to spec their own studio-type card rather than deal with NI's standards.

Tech Mentor

Errrrrr..... Dunno about not having DB4's set up with TT's. This is my set-up.

Why sir, that looks suspiciously like an extra set of 1210's...

I dont think it will happen though. Too much in bed with Pioneer for the high end DJ stuff, and bringing their own products to market.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Thats 4 1200's and a mixer that can't scratch to save it's life. Its the 90's rave scene all over again

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Errrrrr..... Dunno about not having DB4's set up with TT's. This is my set-up.
    Ok, I'll bite. How are you driving time code without a certified card. Running hacked Traktor (not an option for most folk)?
    Last edited by GeekGod; 01-28-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Tech Mentor

Yeah. Hacked Traktor since NI aint up for certification of the db4. I'd much rather not have to do it like that, but what you gonna do.

Shishdisma, it's not just the mixer that can't scratch to save its life.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

What's the moral dilema running a cracked copy if you have a license?

Tech Mentor

See, thats my take on it too. Where is the issue there as long as NI still have their money, and my hardware / software works as I want it to.

Tech Guru

In my case it's not moral but more of technical.

#1 Stability
    #2 Who knows what other goodies 'the crackers' have added to your Traktor

But to each their own - whatever works for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast