New Setup - Need Advice

Default New Setup - Need Advice

Right, I currently own 2x CDJ2000s and a DJM900. I haven't really been using them for a good couple of months now and feel they are taking up space and money. I've been Djing for over 20 years and own all different types of equipment from Technics to controllers. I had the S4 before the CDJs. I am considering selling my setup to free up some cash but also purchase a controller should I fancy mixing a few tunes now and then. I've just sold my Twitch a couple of months ago as this was used as my mobile dj setup for parties etc. While I enjoyed it, it doesn't have jog wheels so could never really get into it for mixing.

So I'm looking at a couple of controllers to hopefully satisfy my craving for mixing on occasions and these are the Pioneer DDJ-SX and the Vestax VCi-400. I own Traktor Pro but haven't used it since my S4 days over a year ago. I really like Serato's simplicity and feel but it's not to say I dislike Traktor.

Can anybody advise on either or both of these controllers or even any others out there I might of missed.

Thanks.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Based on what you had b4 id go for the SX.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Assuming you will get tired of it and sell eventually I'd get the Pioneer controller. Much higher demand
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Wizard

if you want some nice jog wheels id say the ddj sx or 4trak for sure.

If u like traktor, you almost can't beat an s2 for bang for buck mind... And its compact. The mappings on djtt take it up a level and the jogs are fine to mix on cdj style IMO
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Don't buy pioneer controller IMHO. Their CDJs and Mixers might be the club standard, but their controllers are not. Talking about keeping the value pioneer controller isn't the solution you are looking for. Personally I'd choose VCI-400 because of its future serato DJ support. Check this: http://serato.com/dj/stay-informed

Thanks for the comments guys. I am swaying toward the SX due to it having large'ish jogs plus the 8 pads (which I did like on my Twitch).

@MAxONe - I would rather get a 4 channel controller as space is not an issue. I won't be gigging out. This is purely for home use and maybe the odd house party.
    CDJ2000 x 3 : DJM900 : Novation Remote SL25 : Ableton L8 : Traktor Pro 2

Quote Originally Posted by hesitant View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys. I am swaying toward the SX due to it having large'ish jogs plus the 8 pads (which I did like on my Twitch).

@MAxONe - I would rather get a 4 channel controller as space is not an issue. I won't be gigging out. This is purely for home use and maybe the odd house party.
    Furry muff. SX all the way then

Tech Mentor

Isn't the vci-400 getting a serato makeover soon? I would go with that over anything else, I know I've preferred my vci-100 over any other controller, I think the 400 would be the only thing to replace it.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/