This or That?

Thread: This or That?

Default This or That?

Alright DJTT, I am in a situation where I can't decide what to go with. I'm debating if I should buy a Traktor Kontrol S2 or get Stanton T.62 turntables, a Stanton SMX Mixer, and a Lexicon Alpha. Pros and Cons of S2, Pros: I get Traktor Pro, I have hot cues, and it's all in one. Cons: Turntablism looks, amazing, especially when done right. Pros and Cons of Turntables, and Etc, Pros: Turntablism looks amazing, customizable timecoded vinyls, like glow in the dark. Cons: No Hot Cues, Need Traktor Pro or Serato, Needles can break. I know from looking at this it seems obvious but I am really in a dilemma. L:

It sounds like you want turntables so run with that feeling and get them. As far as your cons, you can have hot cues and you would use traktor going the other route anyhow. I doubt you're going to break a needle but you will have to replace the stylus every now and then. If you get decks I would get either a tsp or serato box for dvs though.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Glitchh
    Cons: No Hot Cues

Hot cues. Oh - the fun you'll have!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I'd go with turntables but not that pair. You can find some used vestax pdx tables for pretty cheap. What does your budget look like? Hotcues are nice but not extremely necessary. Need to learn how to cue with the record first.
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Hotcues are nice
    That is an understatement...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    That is an understatement...
    I don't use them to mix. I still like live cues. Only time I really use them is to remix a track live.
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

@patch what dvs program do you use? I see you have a u46dj known and widely used with mixvibes

I once used Mixvibes, but didn't like. Now I use DJ Decks, by a guy called Adion, who now works for Virtual DJ.

It is great - I have a custom serato skin (it says Patch Live on it!) , and run it with timecode vinyl and 2ms latency on an old P4 2gb RAM HP laptop.

I'm really looking forward to VDJ8 - Adion is a great guy, and I know he'll bring a lot to VDJ8 from DJ Decks.

The U46DJ has seved me very well for years now!

Tech Wizard

Sorry in advance if I'm mistaken. It seems like you just start off and wanna be a turntablist. If you are just practicing your scratch and juggling at home then go for the table setup, because scratching on controller and real table makes difference. But if you plan to gig anytime soon, go for the kontrol s2. For rocking a small party or some club gig, it's more than enough. (some basic scratch can be done with S2, but real vinyl just has different touch to it, lol)

I used mixvibes a few years back bc it was cheaper but got tired of fighting with trying to organize music bc it wouldn't import my iTunes