Pioneer HDJ 500
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer HDJ 500

Default Pioneer HDJ 500

Anyone had/has those, they look pretty awesome and i'm thinking over buying them. So any problems on build quality etc?
    Dj: Behringer cmd studio 4a, Akai LPD8, Pioneer HDJ-500, Traktor 2

Producing: Oxygen 49, Akai LPD8, Fl Studio

Try them first. I really like them although they are plastic.

if they break, most pioneer service centres will refuse to fix them

i have had friends who broke the hdj500 and was madly enraged when the service centre said it has "no serviceable parts" and wear and tear is not covered by warranty :/
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Wizard

Have mine for almost a year now, and they're pretty good for budget-friendly headphones. If it's for home use or just for the iPod or what's not, it's a fine set for the price.

Thanks for the responses! I'm pretty sure i'll atleast try them ut
    Dj: Behringer cmd studio 4a, Akai LPD8, Pioneer HDJ-500, Traktor 2

Producing: Oxygen 49, Akai LPD8, Fl Studio

I have had 2 pairs.

My first did break on the usual spot at the headband.

The second one, I still use as a daily beater. Music on my phone, iPod etc etc.

The only thing you need to know, if you love the sound, and think of buying one do, BUT... DON'T EVER! and I repeat EVER, overstretch the headband, or you will have the same thing happen to you as well.

My luck was that I bought it at a dutch webshop called tonecontrol.nl . The owner did not hesitate in substituting my HDJ-500 with a newer one and sending the old one back to pioneer.

After all this time I still love the sound and fit of the HDJ-500.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

the band breaks easily. the headphones themselves sounds fairly good for the price, although they are a tad bit bass heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    I have had 2 pairs.

My first did break on the usual spot at the headband.

The second one, I still use as a daily beater. Music on my phone, iPod etc etc.

The only thing you need to know, if you love the sound, and think of buying one do, BUT... DON'T EVER! and I repeat EVER, overstretch the headband, or you will have the same thing happen to you as well.

My luck was that I bought it at a dutch webshop called tonecontrol.nl . The owner did not hesitate in substituting my HDJ-500 with a newer one and sending the old one back to pioneer.

After all this time I still love the sound and fit of the HDJ-500.
    a quick fix for the headphone band... if you remove the leather padding from the top of the band, then glue the band back together. after that wrap the band in cheap leather, then put the padding back on it should strengthen it and look cool in the process

I tried that, but the fit left much to be desired from that point on...
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

I have a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500 K for sale if you are interested. I have had them for about a year (never gigged) and still like new. I replaced them with a pair of TMA 1s on black friday last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast