Using SOL Republic Ultra with Traktor S4: Cleartalk Play button!

Default Using SOL Republic Ultra with Traktor S4: Cleartalk Play button!

I just got the SOL Republic Ultra, cuz i had a gig the next day and my old headphone broke...needed to get one fast!

Aside from not meeting my expectation sound-wise, when using it with Traktor S4, I have to hold the Play button on the headphone wire in order to get the full sound capacity....so i had to put a tape on the play button so I can actually use it to DJ.

Anyone know how to fix this problem? cuz SOL advertise this as a high end DJ headphone, but if you have to use your hand to constantly hold the play button on the wire, it would be impossible to DJ with these...

Tech Guru

I've heard a lot of hype about these, maybe yours are faulty? The only reason they would have a play button is to control an iPod or MP3 player. Maybe you bought the wrong wire? Did it not come with one without the in line controls?

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I've heard a lot of hype about these, maybe yours are faulty? The only reason they would have a play button is to control an iPod or MP3 player. Maybe you bought the wrong wire? Did it not come with one without the in line controls?
    You're probably right..since i got it at the apple store...but did not come with wire without the in line controls I was kind of wondering there might be some option in the computer or in Traktor to adjust the power or whatever, but i guess not..

What the.. Why spend $175 on an unproven fashion headphone when you can get a rock-solid HD25 for the same price?
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Audeo View Post
    What the.. Why spend $175 on an unproven fashion headphone when you can get a rock-solid HD25 for the same price?
    You are absolutely right! but heres my story...i bought the HD25 online and while I was waiting, I got a gig and needed to get headphone quick. So went to the apple store, and got the SOL instead of Beats..thinking ill just try, and if its decent, ill keep it, or if it sux, ill just return them after the gig...so yea...probably return them and wait for the HD25s