Out of phase sound when playing same track on 2 decks, same settings on Traktor Pro 2

Default Out of phase sound when playing same track on 2 decks, same settings on Traktor Pro 2

Hi

Is it normal that, when playing the same track on 2 decks, that it sounds kind of flanger-alike? like there is some sort of phasing going on. The track is sync'd on both decks. Sometimes it doesn't do it, sometimes it does.
    And making it in phase with the jogwheels/tempobend don't seem to work, still sounds bad.
    SNAP is on.
    Pressing the same quepoints on both decks at the same time rarely does a perfect timing. I'm not doing terrible off-sync pressing of buttons.
    I'm on traktor pro 2.6.0

Any ideas?

Thats normal when the same two songs are beatmatched together.
    Traktor S4 | Midifighter Classic | 2x CDJ 2000| Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5 | Ableton Live 8 | 2012 Macbook Pro 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 8GB | Krk RP5

So there is no way of really playing the same track on multiple decks without losing quality?

Tech Mentor

that doesn't only occur when you use traktor, it also happens when you use vinyl, CDJs or serato or whatever, there is really no point in having the same track play out loud on 2 decks, what are you even trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by koenraadvds View Post
    So there is no way of really playing the same track on multiple decks without losing quality?
    well there is, just put the volume fader down on one deck

Quote Originally Posted by despo View Post
    that doesn't only occur when you use traktor, it also happens when you use vinyl, CDJs or serato or whatever, there is really no point in having the same track play out loud on 2 decks, what are you even trying to do?

well there is, just put the volume fader down on one deck
    Well, I make soundscapes for live performances/theater, sometimes my samples have the same beginning but the tracks change over time. I like playing it through Traktor because it can remix the whole thing on the fly for live usage.
    Other than that, there is indeed not much use for playing the same thing on multiple decks.

SO, I guess I'll have to to resample some of my stuff to make sure there are no duplicate sounding stuff on the decks.

Thank you for your support.

This is called phase cancelling. What is happening it the same sounds are cancelling each other out, open one track in any audio editor (Audacity is free) and invert the phase of one of the tracks. This should solve your problem.