Anyone try the xone db2 firmware update?

Default Anyone try the xone db2 firmware update?

I never had a problem with my mixer but the firmware updater freezes the mixer and dialog box pops up with error installing firmware. Didn't have any applications running including the mac OS. Seems like a non starter.

sdf.jpg

I installed it on Mac Os Mountain Lion without any issues.

Is your DB2 still starting/etc?

Tried another computer? (Maybe a PC instead?)
    Traktor Pro 2 | DB2 | 2x X1 | Macbook Air | HDJ1500 | KRK RP6G2 | KRK 12s | Crane Stand Pro

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't really sure where to go with this. "Contact your supplier" Is pretty lame support. My mac is still on lion maybe I'll just grab the new OS and see if that works. I don't really have a PC to try with.

Basically when I run the installer it locks up the mixer and pops up the error but if I power down the mixer and restart, the old firmware is still there with all of my preferences set. The only other thing I can think of is to reset to factory setting and then try.

Default db2 firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    I never had a problem with my mixer but the firmware updater freezes the mixer and dialog box pops up with error installing firmware. Didn't have any applications running including the mac OS. Seems like a non starter.

sdf.jpg
    How can i update my db2 firmware in my mac?

Quote Originally Posted by alico View Post
    How can i update my db2 firmware in my mac?
    Did you try following the simple instructions? Or, did you have issues?

I never did get this to work. I tried again when I upgraded to Mavericks and got the same result - error message, locked up mixer, restarted mixer and old firmware was there. Mavericks in not officially supported so no big surprise.

A factory reset sounds like your best bet at the moment, if you can't get through to anyone at AH.

I've got my eye on this mixer at the mo are you generally happy with it? anything I should know?

Tech Mentor

i am running the v2 firmware & mac beta drivers for xone db2 with no problems in mavericks.