Music organization in Traktor
    Tech Wizard

Default Music organization in Traktor

Hey!

I want to share how I organize my music in Traktor, and i want you to tell me if you think is a good way, and what do you use.

What i do is i make playlist in iTunes and then i access to them in Traktor on the "iTunes" tab.

I think it's the most simple way.

I want to know how you organize your music in traktor.
    Do you use an external hard drive?
    Do you search tracks from the explorer?
    Do you create playlists in Traktor?

Comment.
    Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Default Anyone?

I need answers! Haha

i posted something about this in a couple threads.
    Your process is good but its incomplete.

Youre going to want to add in a couple steps to make things easier for Traktor as well as for yourself when loading tracks while playing.

1) Setup playlist in iTunes
    2) HIGHLIGHT all the songs in that playlist
    3) Convert them all to MP3 files. (This makes sure Traktor wont have to deal with any AAC, m4a, or other files)
    4) Start a NEW playlist (same name with NEW on it)
    5) Goto the folder where you exported your new MP3 files and drag them into the NEW playlist
    6) Delete your old playlist
    7) Close iTunes

-----ok now time for Traktor---
    1) Open Traktor
    2) Goto your iTunes Tab and find that NEW playlist
    3) Rightclick it and select IMPORT TO PLAYLISTS
    ***now scroll up in that tree til you see a listing of that itunes playlist name***
    4) Highlight ALL the songs in the now TRAKTOR playlist
    5) Click ANALYZE
    ***This step yuo just did for #5 will help traktor alot. Its analyzing all the songs in that list NOW so it wont have to do it while you are playing and loading tracks. Also, it will automatically at this point, find any beat markers, so your song will cue up correctly (its like beat gridding ahead of time)**** Trust me.... this is pretty important when playing live or recording so do it.

Ok man.... thats it. You had the first couple steps but that was bascially how to setup and find them. You just needed to know how to prep them too.

If this were any other question I would just usually leave it alone .... But if you want more in depth answers/opinions, please use the search. This topic has been discussed multiple times and was even covered on the blog (iirc).

No- loading takes longer.
    Yes- if need be.
    Yes- if I am working on something

Do what works best for you
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    i posted something about this in a couple threads.
    Your process is good but its incomplete.

Youre going to want to add in a couple steps to make things easier for Traktor as well as for yourself when loading tracks while playing.

1) Setup playlist in iTunes
    2) HIGHLIGHT all the songs in that playlist
    3) Convert them all to MP3 files. (This makes sure Traktor wont have to deal with any AAC, m4a, or other files)
    4) Start a NEW playlist (same name with NEW on it)
    5) Goto the folder where you exported your new MP3 files and drag them into the NEW playlist
    6) Delete your old playlist
    7) Close iTunes

-----ok now time for Traktor---
    1) Open Traktor
    2) Goto your iTunes Tab and find that NEW playlist
    3) Rightclick it and select IMPORT TO PLAYLISTS
    ***now scroll up in that tree til you see a listing of that itunes playlist name***
    4) Highlight ALL the songs in the now TRAKTOR playlist
    5) Click ANALYZE
    ***This step yuo just did for #5 will help traktor alot. Its analyzing all the songs in that list NOW so it wont have to do it while you are playing and loading tracks. Also, it will automatically at this point, find any beat markers, so your song will cue up correctly (its like beat gridding ahead of time)**** Trust me.... this is pretty important when playing live or recording so do it.

Ok man.... thats it. You had the first couple steps but that was bascially how to setup and find them. You just needed to know how to prep them too.

but i don't want to make playlist in Traktor.
    I want to use my iTunes playlists!

Tech Wizard

i only really only play one genre really so there added to an itunes playlist the date i bought them,

so my new tunes are at the top n older ones at the bottom

like when my brother comes round we play a bit of techno aswell so bang another playlist and your good to go

Default iTunes playlists start with ####!####

Hi all
    Just installed Traktor Pro DJ. Having a problem. When I open the iTunes node the first playlist shows as ####!####. Does anyone know what this list is and does. It seems to be a duplicate of the Music Playlist. Any info appreciated .
    Thank You
    CChar 1151