Z2 and T1

Thread: Z2 and T1

Default Z2 and T1

Right of the bat, go ahead and type in Z2 in search, and see for yourself how nothing comes up. I swear, these forum searches are as worthless as possible.

Anyhow, I'm seriously considering picking up a second/new mixer now for my weekly gigs. I use a DJM 800, but I don't utilize the effects that much, and I'd like something a little more compact. In addition, it would free up my other mixer and audio 8 for the home studio, so I could have a static setup that doesn't move or need constant setup/tear down.

I pretty much know what they do. I'm looking for your opinions on why you think one or the other is better. Let's hear it.

Same sitch. I'm ditching my 909 for a Z2 because im tired of having to unplug my audio 6 every time I play out on turntables or old CDJs. I'm getting the Z2 because I played with both at NAMM and I like it more I'm a house DJ but I have a turntablist alter ego so i'm all about that innofader.

Tech Mentor

It is because you can't do tags with 2 letters... 3 is the minimum. Could try traktor z2 or kontrol z2
    Last edited by dfinch805; 01-29-2013 at 11:38 PM.

alright man, that was a tough one but i found it:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=58984
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by dfinch805 View Post
    It is because you can't do tags with 2 letters... 3 is the minimum lol. Could try traktor z2 or kontrol z2
    Four is the minimum. Always stymied when I want to search for DB4
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Four is the minimum. Always stymied when I want to search for DB4
    Hmmm that is strange, but i am nearly certain that it is 3. Try searching for the tags faq or 10k just to name a couple i saw/searched for with success.

Tech Mentor

I love my Z2... works great as a standalone controller or as a mixer combined with CDJ's or TT's. Paint loss issue is a problem for some, but NI is fixing it. Otherwise, quality of the mixer is solid.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P