I forgot a important thing I learned on here. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

lol it was me that helped you... i think the post was some ridiculous troll thread and you were flamed alot lol but i still helped well use the search function no more trolling homie

i donīt want to sound rude or anything, but imho you should start using your brain. if you would have done this before, you wouldnīt ask this question. you have defo gained enough experience while the time being here to realize by yourself, that there is no rule or law when it comes down to mixing. math canīt help you mastering it. your own experience only can do this. 8/16/32 bars...wonīt help you much in the end to become good. itīs your ears and your knowledge of your own tracks. practice every day, get to know your tunes, donīt worry about the theory. if the transition doesnīt sound good, try another tune and so on.

just my 2 cents...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Might not work for track c or d or...
    I do it actually quite the same exept that instead for starting i realease it from it's loop
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

ahhh..... he switched avatar
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Does anybody else wonder if Hola Amigos is the worlds most devious troll?
    yeah, but the number 1 troll spot goes to another dj i've know for 10+ years. he's got that super esoteric, long troll game that he uses on 4 people. it's pretty epic.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

he's got that super esoteric, long troll game.......it's pretty epic
    LOL, that's awesome!!
    A&H Xone:96, (2) X Pioneer CDJ-2000nxs2, Bozure ISO-201, (2) X Technics MK5, "TEIL1" (Delay Pedal), Strymon "Blue Sky" (Reverb Pedal), Ableton Push 2, A&H Xone:K2, (2) X Shure M44-7 w' Ortofon SH-4 Headshells, V-Moda Crossfade LP2, Crates & Crates of Vinyl, 2011 & 2012 Macbook Pros - (2) X SSD/16GB RAM for both machines |
    https://soundcloud.com/risquedj

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    As I can recall it said mix track b into track a after 16 bars or something like that.

So i'm not sure if its 16 bars or 8 bars or 32 bars. Anyone clear this up for me?
    For best results, I do 8 bars. By the time I hit 9th bar I'm too fucking wasted to mix.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Alright i'll use my ears more. But i stop counting in my brain and let the software count. Then try and transition and it sucks ass. lol

he's got that super esoteric, long troll game.......it's pretty epic
    Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    LOL, that's awesome!!
    yup, to this day i still can't quite tell if he's trolling us or if he's just extremely delusional. if he is a troll it's like some andy kaufman level brilliance on the most micro level possible...that's he's kept up for y e a r s. if he's not trolling, it's just sad really...
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    For best results, I do 8 bars. By the time I hit 9th bar I'm too fucking wasted to mix.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    Alright i'll use my ears more. But i stop counting in my brain and let the software count. Then try and transition and it sucks ass. lol
    just keep at it and practice as much as you can. like others have said, you will start to get to a point where you can just FEEL where most songs want to be mixed. for some people this can take time for other's it comes easier. a fair amount of house/trance music (@ ~125 bpms) you can start a mix-in when there is around a minute of music remaining in the first track (which should be 32 bars at that tempo). this isn't a static rule but start there and see how it works, adjust as needed, and really listen to your tracks and understand the points that make sense to mix. then feel it!
    thread of free music

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast