I forgot a important thing I learned on here.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I forgot a important thing I learned on here.

I'm cycling through my recent threads made to find out this post that was teaching me lots in my mixes.

As I can recall it said mix track b into track a after 16 bars or something like that.

So i'm not sure if its 16 bars or 8 bars or 32 bars. Anyone clear this up for me?

oh man...sorry to say this, but you really need to spend more time practicing and less time asking these questions here. you don't seem to have learned anything since you asked this a month or more ago when you had no clue on how to mix 2 songs together at all. this is really, really basic stuff here.

no one can give you an "always mix the track in at 32 beats" because it's not a black and white rule. not all songs are structured the same and it depends on the genre (which for you i think is trancey sounds...so probably a longer transition period). mix it in where it sounds good (use your ears) and look at your visual waveforms (use your eyes) for clues (i recall that you are using traktor). practice, practice, practice, practice, practice...did i say that enough times? practice...
    Last edited by squidot; 01-29-2013 at 02:49 AM.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Don't you have that moment during track a that you know you must start track B. It's like a uncontrollable impulse, when you feel that just start it.
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I usually count in 8 bars. But there could be single or multiple series of 8 bars.
    It's feeling the track that counts. If the track tells you you can start mixing now, go for it.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by hola amigos View Post
    mix track b into track a
    Might not work for track c or d or...
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Some tracks you can press start at the same time and they mix absolutely perfect. What an odd way to look at music and mixing, so robotic!

Don't worry about mixing at the 8 or 16, mix when the next track sounds perfect with the previous. Drop them at the same time, drop one 8 bars in, drop it after the buildup, whenever. The only way you will know when to play the next track is by practice.
    Edm follows roughly the same pattern, but every song is different. Unless you give us your track list, we can't tell you when to mix in, but don't give us your track list, its lazy.
    Spend more time on the decks, and less writing long threads about how to mix. Check out ellaskins or dj angelo on youtubes.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Always start the next track with exactly 1:30 remaining. Can't go wrong!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Does anybody else wonder if Hola Amigos is the worlds most devious troll?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Does anybody else wonder if Hola Amigos is the worlds most devious troll?
    He sure does have an awful lot of posts...
    Pretty sure he trolled me just now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast