Kontrol X1 to Xone K2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

I've had the a single k2 for a few months now and I really love this controller. The build quality is great and the mapping capabilities are phenomenal! For me the output of the k2 is fine on my setup. Borrowed a friends k2 and made a 4 deck latching layers mapping for internal mixing which is awesome.

I will definitely be picking up another k2 to add to my setup. I like the fact that they included the awesome hard case with the k2 as well.
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Sound Cloud : http://soundcloud.com/alexandercocar

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SJJVEN View Post
    I've had the a single k2 for a few months now and I really love this controller. The build quality is great and the mapping capabilities are phenomenal! For me the output of the k2 is fine on my setup. Borrowed a friends k2 and made a 4 deck latching layers mapping for internal mixing which is awesome.

I will definitely be picking up another k2 to add to my setup. I like the fact that they included the awesome hard case with the k2 as well.

Yeah SJJven, I use two Xone k2s, only as controllers, I use the Traktor AUdio 10s for my two Laptops. (I only use the K2 as an audio device if Im on the plane and want to work on some tracks, or work on remixes, cue points etc)

As for the gain, its not to shabby, it lacks the punch of say a higher end audio device but can still hold its own.

Tech Mentor

Just hooked up my k2 to a xone 92 and routed traktor through it... Now I see why everyone complains about the output. I've had to max out the gains on the mixer in order to get it loud enough. Looks like I'll have to pickup an audio 10 now...
    - 15.4" MBP 2.7 i7 - Macbook 13" - Allen&Heath Xone92R - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Traktor Pro2 - Xone k2 - NI Maschine - Ableton Live Suite 9 -

Just hooked up my k2 to a xone 92 and routed traktor through it... Now I see why everyone complains about the output. I've had to max out the gains on the mixer in order to get it loud enough. Looks like I'll have to pickup an audio 10 now...
    is it fine when maxed out though? does it output enough?
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

Thats odd.. I have no issues getting my k2 as loud as my Audio 10 without any major adjustments

Question though, why go from a K2 to an audio 10.... Audio 6 seems more than enough if you were just using the k2 as a sound card

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    When I put the gain up all the way on the 92 its a bit more useful. But when its at 12 o'clock the mixer is reading -10 on each ch.

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Thats odd.. I have no issues getting my k2 as loud as my Audio 10 without any major adjustments

Question though, why go from a K2 to an audio 10.... Audio 6 seems more than enough if you were just using the k2 as a sound card
    I've actually borrowed my friends k2 and aggregated the sound cards to give me 4 stereo outs. I'm running 4 traktor decks which is why I would need an audio 8/10. I'd rather have the 10 so I can eventually add ableton/maschine to my mic channel.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    It really deppends on the gain adjust of the CDJs that were playing before you. If their channels were alredy more then 50% up, the max gain on your channel maybe not enough...

This is the only problem with the k2

There is a post on A&H Forums but it's a bit quiet there, you guys could help me bring that issue up again:
    http://xoneforum.allen-heath.com/for...b-voulme-issue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12