F1 or Maschine Mikro

Default F1 or Maschine Mikro

Hi All,

First post on here so hello.

Have been looking at getting an F1 to make the most of the remix decks in Traktor, and was unsure if there had been a map that allowed the Mascine Mikro to be used for this function, remember reading on the NI forum it was a no go and sure I read on here that maps had been created. If the Maschine can be used, are there any limitations for the remix decks? Unsure what the best approach for me is. To just go for an F1 or to go for a Maschine (if it can be used) with the possible intention of using the Maschine for its proper purpose at a later date.

Thanks in advance.

Tech Guru

So far, there is no stable way to do it, though it is heavily rumoured and speculated to be an upcoming feature. The demand for Traktor and Maschine integration is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    So far, there is no stable way to do it, though it is heavily rumoured and speculated to be an upcoming feature. The demand for Traktor and Maschine integration is massive.
    thanks for the prompt response. Guess for now I am best off getting an F1 then and the Maschine later.

Tech Guru

I've just bought one second hand, mint condition for £130 which is about the going rate for a second hand one. In the post now, cannot wait!

EDIT: F1 that is. I plan to buy a Maschine mk2 when they announce traktor integration.

Tech Wizard

Have you seen this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    Have you seen this yet?

videos are blocked at work. Is it the new Midi Fighter? If so, then yes I have, and was just unsure about how much easier I would find it to create the remix sets from tracks I have in Traktor. After watching videos of MF and F1 on youtube etc, I liked the look of ease of the f1. Altho that was Ean Golden doing it, and he has atendency to make everything look pretty easy.

Tech Wizard

nope, its a demo of a maschine mk1 being used as a controller for the remix decks, in a similar way to the f1.
    it doesn't have the volume faders the f1 has (obviously) nor does it seem to utilise any of the buttons to control them.
    personally, i didn't like the f1, so sold it. I didn't like the feel of the buttons on them. I'm yet to have a play on a maschine

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    nope, its a demo of a maschine mk1 being used as a controller for the remix decks, in a similar way to the f1.
    it doesn't have the volume faders the f1 has (obviously) nor does it seem to utilise any of the buttons to control them.
    personally, i didn't like the f1, so sold it. I didn't like the feel of the buttons on them. I'm yet to have a play on a maschine
    ah ok, will take a look when I get home then. Thanks