Some thoughts about jog wheel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Some thoughts about jog wheel

Hey, I have been thinking for some time that I dont really like using jog wheels and thought of selling my controller (TERMINALMIX4) and getting something like Z2 or some other cheapher alternative (suggestions?). After some discoveries like usb keyboards, pads and all that kind of stuff( been reading a lot about digital dj'ing), since I'm a begginer I thought that any mixer will be ok for me so I bought tm4, but I can get more without jog wheels + adding some controllers and using them to control ABELTON and TRAKTOR. Since I will be busy on working out things with ABLETON and usb keyboads, pads etc., wiser choice could be to get atleast 2deck controller or any dj mixer, no jogs. Wonder what stuff is compatable with Ableton and Traktor.
    So here some questions that comes naturally :
    Basically any dj mixer is the same as any controller it just has no jog wheels?
    I ran out of questions, well I'll ask later. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kazkox; 01-29-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    -Ableton suite- -Traktor- -Kontrol Z1- -Kontrol X1- -Oxygen 49- -BX8- -HD25II- -Buddha-

???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

well, I want mix and create sets without controller that has jog wheels.
    -Ableton suite- -Traktor- -Kontrol Z1- -Kontrol X1- -Oxygen 49- -BX8- -HD25II- -Buddha-

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Cntrl:r

Tech Guru

Maybe not jog wheels, but touch strips (like the novation twitch)? You'll find beatgridding quickly a lot easier with a jogwheel or touchstrip, believe me.

Ehhh I like it without jogs, but I mapped my x1 browser encoders as jog wheels so that I can still cue up tracks. (Soon replacing with two k2s) I'm going to run one k2 per deck, (currently mapping one) that has all deck controls and fx controls, plus instant grat with movement. The bottom encoders will be mapped as tempo adjust, and one as a jog wheel. You can basically map everything you want like this.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

I explained it wrong, but I got the answer from it. I will be using mixer like Z2. Is there any other cheaper alternative for Z2?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkox View Post
    I explained it wrong, but I got the answer from it. I will be using mixer like Z2. Is there any other cheaper alternative for Z2?
    Yes, there is. the Voxoa M70.

Djtech just came out with a usb scratch mixer as well.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast