A techno nerd reviews DJ Pauly D - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJMichaelHavok View Post
    He plays for the crowd.. entertains them, says random jokes and things over the mic... it gets the crowd moving
    only a handful of people at his shows stand off and judge what he's doing, while everyone else is dancing, drinking, and having a good time

most of the people standing in the corner also paid the 20-50bucks per ticket to get in (the day of Jay at Zouk dallas was getting 50+ a ticket at the door because it was damned near at capacity at one of the biggest clubs in Dallas)

[B]at the end of the day isn't that what its about... playing for the crowd, and not for yourself? If people are dancing and having fun, who cares if you train wreck the whole night and jump on the mic at times that make no sense.
    Thats not at all what its about.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    Kid kenobi clubbers guide to breaks 1 was my intro to breaks when I was 17 which was my favorite style of music for years, I saw him tear up kryal castle soon after finding it. Shame he lost his soul to ministry of sound. It's a brutal but fair protrail of his later years though.
    The first 2 clubbers guides to breaks were good mixes eh. Especially the 2nd CD where MOS gave him a bit more breadth and he got all atmospheric and experimental.

He was/is a really good DJ back in the day. He was all over that breaks sound way before anyone else in Aus. I remember seeing him teasing a few hundred people with the bushwacka remix of Billie Jean in a sketchy warehouse in the early 2000s and every fucking person there getting all monkey crazy. Its was like a sweaty primate enclosure in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Silvera View Post
    9:53pm – I start to wonder if Pauly didn’t make a deal with some kind of demonic force, but is himself said demonic force.

It makes you think with all the money he gets from these shows, how has he not taken the liberty to take a course or two on scratching, or organize his sets and openers to not play his tracks?
    just saw that, a LOT of opening DJs will purposely play the big tracks in his set (a couple of times even to burn out the song) just to be dicks about it. Doesn't matter if he gives a set list of songs he wants to play to the promoters/opening DJs... the people on the 1/2s will still decide what they throw out there for the crowd

while he was out here, he actually thanked the openers for being humble and respectful enough to not step on his setlist that he wanted to play that night

Quote Originally Posted by DJMichaelHavok View Post
    just saw that, a LOT of opening DJs will purposely play the big tracks in his set (a couple of times even to burn out the song) just to be dicks about it. Doesn't matter if he gives a set list of songs he wants to play to the promoters/opening DJs... the people on the 1/2s will still decide what they throw out there for the crowd
    that's when you stop using them as your openers. There are plenty of professional DJs who will willingly abide by the headliners wishes. I mean, its basically opening dj 101.
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    So when are the tickets coming out for a 'Paris VS Paulie back to back Battle of the decks?'
    is that a sequel to her other movie? oops, I misread that last word.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by MWagner View Post
    that's when you stop using them as your openers. There are plenty of professional DJs who will willingly abide by the headliners wishes. I mean, its basically opening dj 101.
    This....ettiquette....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    Passion > Money
    Put that on a banner and send it to africa!

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    is that a sequel to her other movie? oops, I misread that last word.
    yea, if you read it again it says BACK TO BACK not FRONT TO FRONT + 1 person to hold the camera

Hehe :-) I was one of the openers for him in Atlanta about a year ago. The only note in his contract was for us not to play any top 40 or top 40 remixes. Lol so I just played a bunch of house and breakbeat stuff, chemical brothers, crystal method, meat beat... and... did a bunch of scratching. People were raging!! Pauly d came on he was pretty cool, he actually asked me for my setlist. But as many of you know the energy just dropped with the top 40 stuff. It was just wierd. But hey we all had a good time. I got nothing against the guy, he's just trying to find his own way in the business.

Tech Guru

Absolutely hilarious review.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast