A techno nerd reviews DJ Pauly D - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 94
  1. #41
    Tech Guru Era 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside your speaker
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Are you all fucking nuts? I see all of you hating, and saying shit about his set, yet none of you are making even CLOSE to the amount of money he makes, and you are DJing as a HOBBY where as I am sure you'd love to DJ as a career. I can't stand people who attempt to talk shit about other people who are following their dreams and doing what they love, while the people who talk shit sit there and bad mouth while doing nothing on their own.

    Absolutely pathetic.


    Edit: Excuse me saying 'all', when I say 'all', I only mean the people that were hating.
    Aside from this, I don't personally care for or hate the guy, but I think that it's pathetic to sit here and badmouth someone who is doing what he loves and living the dream. Sure he may not have the skills that some of the other DJ's do, but who gives a fuck if people are dancing and having a good time?



    come on lighten up. we're just taking the piss.

  2. #42
    Tech Guru sarasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iambiggles View Post
    My pals have always referred to them as "merkins" or "Septics". As in *adopt deep south accent* "hi, i'm a merkin" (doubly funny if you know what a merkin is ). And septic as in "septic tank" = "yank" - cockney rhyming slang.
    A merkin is a pubic hair toupee right?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

  3. #43
    Tech Guru synthet1c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    I can't stand people who attempt to talk shit about other people who are following their dreams and doing what they love, while the people who talk shit sit there and bad mouth while doing nothing on their own.
    Honestly I don't believe he is following his dreams, I believe he is following the money and the fame. If it were his dream to be a DJ don't you think he would do it well? If he is being a douche I think it is only fair that he be treated as a douche, unfortunately he doesn't seem to have any real friends to tell him so the world has to. If he was smart he would take the advice and find what he loves about it and get better, if not it's his own fault that people who are jealous of his undeserved status spread hate.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

  4. #44
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    A merkin is a pubic hair toupee right?
    *ding*

  5. #45
    Tech Guru jprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Comox Valley, Canada
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Are you all fucking nuts? I see all of you hating, and saying shit about his set, yet none of you are making even CLOSE to the amount of money he makes, and you are DJing as a HOBBY where as I am sure you'd love to DJ as a career.
    You don't get it do you? Sure, McDonalds sells 1,000,000 shitty burgers and makes a ton of money. But the burgers at McDicks don't come fucking close to that little burger stand that cranks out the real deal.




    Integrity first. Always. Let me ask you - do you respect Pauly D's DJing, or his income? Cause if it's his income, you should go post in some financial forum.

  6. #46
    Tech Guru Coldfuzion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    Honestly I don't believe he is following his dreams, I believe he is following the money and the fame. If it were his dream to be a DJ don't you think he would do it well? If he is being a douche I think it is only fair that he be treated as a douche, unfortunately he doesn't seem to have any real friends to tell him so the world has to. If he was smart he would take the advice and find what he loves about it and get better, if not it's his own fault that people who are jealous of his undeserved status spread hate.
    Your logic is flawed. You are speaking based on the premise that if something is your dream you'll be the best at it.

    And how do you know what his "real friends" tell him. If you had "real friends" wouldn't they encourage you to (if we assume DJ'ing was not your passion or dream but you did it cause you're a fucking tool who thinks he looks cool and it sounds cool to be a DJ) make as much money as possible in the time you had your stardom as well as enjoy the ride as much as possible?


    Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    You don't get it do you? Sure, McDonalds sells 1,000,000 shitty burgers and makes a ton of money. But the burgers at McDicks don't come fucking close to that little burger stand that cranks out the real deal.




    Integrity first. Always. Let me ask you - do you respect Pauly D's DJing, or his income? Cause if it's his income, you should go post in some financial forum.

    Let me ask you, how much money do you make off DJ'ing? Do you support yourself fully off DJ'ing? And I do respect his income, because it's his income that allows him to do it full time. Not the fact that he's a DJ.

    As for the comparison with McDonalds and the "real deal", the "real deal" will always be a tiny stand, living week to week, or month to month never knowing they have financial security for sure. And I don't know about you, but I was always brought up to make sure I make enough for my family and kids, and then look into what my own needs are. I could never subject them to a life of me being a cheap DJ and not making much while seeing them suffer and my kids and wife not enjoying even a few luxuries in life.

  7. #47
    Tech Guru jprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Comox Valley, Canada
    Posts
    681

    Default

    I do about 100 bucks for a friends party, 200-400 for a club night. 500 - 1000 at festivals. Thankfully, it's not a full time job; because if it was, the fun of it would be ruined. I don't like turning my love into a job, I've done that before and it really killed it.

    I don't support myself fully off DJing, It's a side job.

    I can see your point of view - If someone is making money from it - it's a good thing, discussion over (am I correct?). Can you see my perspective? That if someone loves something and wants to do it well, that they will do it regardless? And with passion and integrity?

    I am not hearing any passion or integrity in Pauly D's sets...in fact your EDM and Chillout mixes on soundcloud stomp on anything I've heard from Pauly D

    I hold you in a much higher regard than him, and given the choice on who to book I would book you. Promoters are booking him based on his TV status/fame and not his DJing. This has led to an influx of income, and a skewed view of what a career DJ looks like.
    I blame mainstream media and promoters for this mishap. Dudes like this aren't DJs, more like pawns.

  8. #48
    Tech Guru 031999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,339

    Default

    here's something to think about.... what if a promoter came to you and said, "listen we will put you on the biggest festival stages and clubs around the world, and you will make ALOT of money, but..... we DO NOT want you to use any of your skills, you must play premixed cd's every night..." Happy because your rich, and pissed because its not about the music or pissed because your poor and happy about your sets.

    personally i'll take just being the opening act and spinning 4 hour sets, and not getting paid much, because its what makes me happy. practice and *****ENJOY*****

  9. #49
    Tech Mentor shr3dder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    492

    Default

    I played commercial tosh for money every now and then, trust me, even a stupidly high amount of money and a passion for DJing isn't enough some nights....


    I turn down the gigs now, even though I'm losing nearly a grand a month from not doing it.




    So in short, he must actually enjoy that shit..

  10. #50
    Tech Guru sarasin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    4,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    I do about 100 bucks for a friends party, 200-400 for a club night. 500 - 1000 at festivals. Thankfully, it's not a full time job; because if it was, the fun of it would be ruined. I don't like turning my love into a job, I've done that before and it really killed it.

    I don't support myself fully off DJing, It's a side job.
    THIS!

    I would never want to make REAL money off of DJing and Producing. If I had to do it to eat....it would spoil it all.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •