A techno nerd reviews DJ Pauly D - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    I played commercial tosh for money every now and then, trust me, even a stupidly high amount of money and a passion for DJing isn't enough some nights....

I turn down the gigs now, even though I'm losing nearly a grand a month from not doing it.

So in short, he must actually enjoy that shit..
    THIS TOO!

I have done the same...and it always ends up with me feeling like I was raped.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Its a conundrum really. Does the bloke really think he's a hard working DJ that enjoys what he does and genuinely entertains people, (and is a deluded idiot thats seen by the people hiring him as a complete window licker that makes cash) or does he know that he's crap but keeps doing it, because 'hey, im still getting paid big bucks and living a star lifestyle'

I dont know wether to feel sorry for him or hate him.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Wizard

I call bullsh!t on 99.9% of you saying you wouldn't do it for the money.

First off the amount of money your talking about turning down isn't even close to what he is making so it isn't a fair comparison.

I DJ all kinds of gigs and I would say that most audiences do not care. I am not talking about YOU (as in a DJ, be it bedroom or pro). Frankly, I don't get to see many other DJ's perform. I am usually doing a gig myself, however, when I do get to see them I am watching them, I am watching the crowd, I am judging their music etc. I can't help it, even if I am trying to just have fun and hang out, it is just in me to pay attention to the music/DJ. When a non-DJ goes to see a DJ they are hanging out with friends, listening to music, dancing, drinking, partying and not counting beats or trying to figure out which effect is being used.

Want proof? Bottom line is if Pauly D wasn't making the venues money he wouldn't get booked. Period.

Do I think Pauly D is the best DJ ever. No. Do I think he is even a good DJ. No, not in a musical way.

Personally I think he is a model using DJ gear as a prop. Is there anything wrong with that? Nope. His audience is not there because of his music. They judge the performance on whether they had fun or not and in the end that is all that matters in the entertainment business. You could be the absolute best most technically proficient DJ in the world but if you aren't making your crowd happy who cares? I have personally struggled with this in my gigs. When I first started I would always try to work BPM/Key/Energy/Genre into every aspect of my mix. I wanted everything to be technically correct. But sometimes, the right thing to do is something that isn't technically correct.

I also believe the same people talking sh!t are hypocrites. How many of you know who Megan Fox is and have seen her in a movie? Do you judge her with the same harshness? Are you on acting websites saying you would never go to a movie that had her in it that because she is not technically not the best actress? Doubtful.

As for the original reviewer. It is easy to talk negative sh!t about someone and act cool. He started the review saying that he agreed to review the event as joke? Did someone pay him to review this? Because I want to go to a forum of reviewers and talk sh!t about his horrible review. In fact he is no better than Pauly D. He is pandering to his crowd of techno nerds that all want to jump on the same band wagon and bad mouth someone else. Here is his review in summary.

7:45 I prejudge the event

8:13 I judge the people attending the event not the event

8:35 I don't like a song but everyone else does so they are stupid.

8:53 I don't who it coming on so I make some judgemental assumption. The crowd seems to know or like him though and I am jealous because I have never gotten that big of a reception.

9:03 Someone isn't singing very good. I should be a judge on American Idol

9:05 I feel the need to bash the people going to this event again.

9:15 I really hate when I go to live shows and the entertainment tries to get the crowd involved. I would rather just hear the music the way it is on my CD at home.

9:30 The headliner comes on. I don't want to judge how his performance was recieved, I just want you all to know, that I know, that he knows that he was on Jersey Shore.

9:35 Uh, someone should tell Pauly D that there is a difference between mixing and cross fading and that he should take the time to explain that to his audience so they can collectively say, "Hey, you learn something new everyday". Oh, and I still really hate when people try to hype a crowd. They are already here and having fun, do they really need to get excited about it?

9:37 Pauly D can not scratch. Watch me in the corner scratching, see I do it better.

9:38 Headliner plays a song and the crowd likes it, they are dumb. If I were up there DJ'ing there is no way I would play a song that people like that much under any circumstances.

9:45 These people don't know how to dance. Let me show them how to dance. Wait.. scratch that. Let me just pick on them cause I can't dance either, but at least I am not dancing over here cause if I were over there not dancing I would look stupid.

9:53 I need a new agent. I tried make a deal with the devil and well, here I am writing crappy reviews of people who are famous instead of being famous myself. Maybe I should stop playing World of Warcraft 15 hours a day and get a sun tan maybe that will help.

10:05 More songs people like. Oh, I can still whine and moan, I feel like myself.

10:16 Pauly D does some word play??? That's kinds like a real DJ, I gotta find something else to complain about.

10:24 I have been staring into Pauly D's eyes and I think I am in love, But my friend who is not reviewing this event snaps me out of my lust and tells me something I should have noticed on my own. But Pauly's eyes are so beautiful.

10:32 This guy is doing something different. Do I like it? I dunno. Why you asking me? It might be a fad and I assume that playing along with a fad is bad right? I dunno? And someone is enjoying themselves by me and I don't like it. Excuse me Ms. If you are going to enjoy this music, this is how you should enjoy it, not by doing whatever that is. Don't you people know how to enjoy yourselves! You aren't doing it right! I am going to teach on a class on how to enjoy yourselves and I suggest you all sign up for it.

10:38 I don't really know why this DJ is playing the worlds most popular song right now, but I have been practicing my William Shatner Shakespeare and as I tweet this via my internet phone I shall raise my fist in protest and be all dramatic.

10:47 I shall focus my wrath on the crowd once again for they are responsible for all this. Stupid kids, when I was 16 my parents didn't let me do anything fun and I am a much happier person for it. Can't you see how happy I am inside. I don't need anyone else to make me happy.

10:55 Pauly D ends his set so I decide it's over.

Anyway, it's easy to be an A$$ and bad mouth people.

X

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJXpoZur View Post
    I call bullsh!t on 99.9% of you saying you wouldn't do it for the money.

First off the amount of money your talking about turning down isn't even close to what he is making so it isn't a fair comparison.

I DJ all kinds of gigs and I would say that most audiences do not care. I am not talking about YOU (as in a DJ, be it bedroom or pro). Frankly, I don't get to see many other DJ's perform. I am usually doing a gig myself, however, when I do get to see them I am watching them, I am watching the crowd, I am judging their music etc. I can't help it, even if I am trying to just have fun and hang out, it is just in me to pay attention to the music/DJ. When a non-DJ goes to see a DJ they are hanging out with friends, listening to music, dancing, drinking, partying and not counting beats or trying to figure out which effect is being used.

Want proof? Bottom line is if Pauly D wasn't making the venues money he wouldn't get booked. Period.

Do I think Pauly D is the best DJ ever. No. Do I think he is even a good DJ. No, not in a musical way.

Personally I think he is a model using DJ gear as a prop. Is there anything wrong with that? Nope. His audience is not there because of his music. They judge the performance on whether they had fun or not and in the end that is all that matters in the entertainment business. You could be the absolute best most technically proficient DJ in the world but if you aren't making your crowd happy who cares? I have personally struggled with this in my gigs. When I first started I would always try to work BPM/Key/Energy/Genre into every aspect of my mix. I wanted everything to be technically correct. But sometimes, the right thing to do is something that isn't technically correct.

I also believe the same people talking sh!t are hypocrites. How many of you know who Megan Fox is and have seen her in a movie? Do you judge her with the same harshness? Are you on acting websites saying you would never go to a movie that had her in it that because she is not technically not the best actress? Doubtful.

As for the original reviewer. It is easy to talk negative sh!t about someone and act cool. He started the review saying that he agreed to review the event as joke? Did someone pay him to review this? Because I want to go to a forum of reviewers and talk sh!t about his horrible review. In fact he is no better than Pauly D. He is pandering to his crowd of techno nerds that all want to jump on the same band wagon and bad mouth someone else. Here is his review in summary.

7:45 I prejudge the event

8:13 I judge the people attending the event not the event

8:35 I don't like a song but everyone else does so they are stupid.

8:53 I don't who it coming on so I make some judgemental assumption. The crowd seems to know or like him though and I am jealous because I have never gotten that big of a reception.

9:03 Someone isn't singing very good. I should be a judge on American Idol

9:05 I feel the need to bash the people going to this event again.

9:15 I really hate when I go to live shows and the entertainment tries to get the crowd involved. I would rather just hear the music the way it is on my CD at home.

9:30 The headliner comes on. I don't want to judge how his performance was recieved, I just want you all to know, that I know, that he knows that he was on Jersey Shore.

9:35 Uh, someone should tell Pauly D that there is a difference between mixing and cross fading and that he should take the time to explain that to his audience so they can collectively say, "Hey, you learn something new everyday". Oh, and I still really hate when people try to hype a crowd. They are already here and having fun, do they really need to get excited about it?

9:37 Pauly D can not scratch. Watch me in the corner scratching, see I do it better.

9:38 Headliner plays a song and the crowd likes it, they are dumb. If I were up there DJ'ing there is no way I would play a song that people like that much under any circumstances.

9:45 These people don't know how to dance. Let me show them how to dance. Wait.. scratch that. Let me just pick on them cause I can't dance either, but at least I am not dancing over here cause if I were over there not dancing I would look stupid.

9:53 I need a new agent. I tried make a deal with the devil and well, here I am writing crappy reviews of people who are famous instead of being famous myself. Maybe I should stop playing World of Warcraft 15 hours a day and get a sun tan maybe that will help.

10:05 More songs people like. Oh, I can still whine and moan, I feel like myself.

10:16 Pauly D does some word play??? That's kinds like a real DJ, I gotta find something else to complain about.

10:24 I have been staring into Pauly D's eyes and I think I am in love, But my friend who is not reviewing this event snaps me out of my lust and tells me something I should have noticed on my own. But Pauly's eyes are so beautiful.

10:32 This guy is doing something different. Do I like it? I dunno. Why you asking me? It might be a fad and I assume that playing along with a fad is bad right? I dunno? And someone is enjoying themselves by me and I don't like it. Excuse me Ms. If you are going to enjoy this music, this is how you should enjoy it, not by doing whatever that is. Don't you people know how to enjoy yourselves! You aren't doing it right! I am going to teach on a class on how to enjoy yourselves and I suggest you all sign up for it.

10:38 I don't really know why this DJ is playing the worlds most popular song right now, but I have been practicing my William Shatner Shakespeare and as I tweet this via my internet phone I shall raise my fist in protest and be all dramatic.

10:47 I shall focus my wrath on the crowd once again for they are responsible for all this. Stupid kids, when I was 16 my parents didn't let me do anything fun and I am a much happier person for it. Can't you see how happy I am inside. I don't need anyone else to make me happy.

10:55 Pauly D ends his set so I decide it's over.

Anyway, it's easy to be an A$$ and bad mouth people.

X
    I disagree with every single one of your points, except the one about Mr D being a bad DJ. I hope that one day you find a sense of humour deep in that soulless shell of superficiality that appears to be your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    I disagree with every single one of your points, except the one about Mr D being a bad DJ. I hope that one day you find a sense of humour deep in that soulless shell of superficiality that appears to be your existence.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Are you all fucking nuts? I see all of you hating, and saying shit about his set, yet none of you are making even CLOSE to the amount of money he makes, and you are DJing as a HOBBY where as I am sure you'd love to DJ as a career. I can't stand people who attempt to talk shit about other people who are following their dreams and doing what they love, while the people who talk shit sit there and bad mouth while doing nothing on their own.

Absolutely pathetic.

Edit: Excuse me saying 'all', when I say 'all', I only mean the people that were hating.
    Aside from this, I don't personally care for or hate the guy, but I think that it's pathetic to sit here and badmouth someone who is doing what he loves and living the dream. Sure he may not have the skills that some of the other DJ's do, but who gives a fuck if people are dancing and having a good time?
    Sorry mate but if money is everything to you then that's sad.
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    +1

It's from an electronic music site, not a pop site, it's probably a fair and consistent editorial view from ITM

I also take offense to the comment that I'd actually wanna see a Megan Fox movie. I'm not a 13 year old teenager.

I heard he dropped "Levels" 4 times LOL!

Tech Wizard

+1

It's from an electronic music site, not a pop site, it's probably a fair and consistent editorial view from ITM
    How is bullying the people attending the event a fair editorial? What makes an electronic music site want to review a pop event? Are they just trying to make Pauly D into a scapegoat to rally against Pop? I can't imagine that anyone that needs to put someone else down to make themselves look better is worth reading about.

I also take offense to the comment that I'd actually wanna see a Megan Fox movie. I'm not a 13 year old teenager.
    I don't see where I said you would want to go see any particular movie, could you quote it? I asked if you knew who she was, apparently you do. I asked those people that were whining about Pauly D if they are also whining about her? Have you posted on any acting forums complaining about her acting? You certainly have a right to if you have, I am just curious.

X

in the end its ALWAYS about the money... if i was offered what pauly D makes to play a prerecorded mix and me stand up there fist pumping and say im the greatest DJ in the world, I'd say when and where without even thinking twice

haters gonna hate, but damn imma have money

I would rather play to a bunch of hillbillies...smoking my own grown...drinking my shine....

Money? LOL....its paper....with ink on it.

You can be the best....be rich....be beautiful.....but these types end up killing themselves.
    When they realize how they have been 'used' repeatedly in their lives.

WHat happens in 2 years time when no one remembers Pauly D?
    What is gonna happen to him?

Hope he has a shrink to talk too....its gonna fuck up his head.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast