A techno nerd reviews DJ Pauly D - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

lol

I can't fathom how ANYONE would turn down pauly Ds money based on morals.. its selfish and a lie

hell 10mil in a year to have to do very little real DJing other than being a personality, thats family stability for generations of your line, thats being able to see the world and experience everything it has to offer, and the list goes on

ITT realists and white knights pretending they wouldn't in a heartbeat jump on that

Please mate....come on.

Think a bit further than 1 year. Will it last? I seriously doubt it. What will he do then?
    He will be used the $$ and will need to do something else to make that moola.

His 'popularity' will not carry him forever.

Will it allow him to retire in 2 years?

LOL....its gonna be short lived....hope he has a backup plan huh?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Penny wise....Pound foolish.

Whats that cats name in Ibiza that owns a few clubs and is a DJ. HE is SHITE apparently but like Pauly, was in it for business.
    He used his business to buy the clubs and make sure he is setup for the long run.

Lets see what Pauly D does.

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by DJXpoZur View Post
    How is bullying the people attending the event a fair editorial? What makes an electronic music site want to review a pop event? Are they just trying to make Pauly D into a scapegoat to rally against Pop?
    i think that was the whole point.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    "EDM" "fans" are ruining "EDM".
    no they're not. pop will always rule. but there's nothing wrong with that. the success of EDM has allowed all the other electronic genres to thrive. chris liebing said he's playing more gigs than ever, especially in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    You don't get it do you? Sure, McDonalds sells 1,000,000 shitty burgers and makes a ton of money. But the burgers at McDicks don't come fucking close to that little burger stand that cranks out the real deal.
    great point. i totally agree (not just because i grind my own burger meat ) but turning down $10 million? for the sake of integrity? seriously? playing prerecorded sets isn't as bad as doing, say, what Lance Armstrong did. No public trust has been broken. That's just the fact. He's playing pop shows where it doesn't really matter what goes on behind the decks. It just matters that people have a good time. turning it down for a few thousand i can understand. but 10 million? that's a whole other ball game. i'd to it for one year. quit. become a legit DJ. and be set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by jprime
    You don't get it do you? Sure, McDonalds sells 1,000,000 shitty burgers and makes a ton of money.
    American consumerism ruined hamburgers. By distilling everything great out of it, and reducing it to it's blandest, most un-offensive base.

The same way they're ruining (urgh) "EDM".

Quote Originally Posted by jprime
    But the burgers at McDicks don't come fucking close to that little burger stand that cranks out the real deal.
    Truth. But would that guy on the burger stand sell his recipe to McD's for $1M. I expect he would snap their hands off.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassdj View Post
    i'd to it for one year. quit. become a legit DJ. and be set for life.
    Yeah because we'll all take Pauly D seriously if he starts playing techno next year.....

^^ if he quits the pop, his sets are good and he's actually mixing people will eventually. the public is a fickle and forgiving bunch. many a politician can attest.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMichaelHavok View Post
    He plays for the crowd.. entertains them, says random jokes and things over the mic... it gets the crowd moving
    only a handful of people at his shows stand off and judge what he's doing, while everyone else is dancing, drinking, and having a good time

most of the people standing in the corner also paid the 20-50bucks per ticket to get in (the day of Jay at Zouk dallas was getting 50+ a ticket at the door because it was damned near at capacity at one of the biggest clubs in Dallas)

at the end of the day isn't that what its about... playing for the crowd, and not for yourself? If people are dancing and having fun, who cares if you train wreck the whole night and jump on the mic at times that make no sense.
    that's exactly what it is all about... The Crowd

I'm listening to his track with Jay Sean as we speak. Sounds kinda like Guetta.
    Used Record Shopper

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast