A techno nerd reviews DJ Pauly D - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Y'all should check out the reviewers dudes soundcloud too https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wowk

He's been around the Sydney electronic music scene for a while now and is a solid DJ that knows his shit.

Pauly D is living the dream. He's got some very basic skills, but he's not a great DJ, and he's playing to packed crowds that love what he does.

More evidence that the average punter hasn't got a clue what the DJ is doing - and can't tell the difference between DJ Shadow and Pauly D.

In fact, I bet at his shows, the little group of guys discussing how bad he is are he ones considered "douches"... That's actually a bit frightening.

So, kids, it's up to you. Do you aspire to be the next Carl Cox, taking years to master your craft, understanding every genre there is, and developing an individual style? OR - do you aspire to be the next Pauly D? Learning the absolute basics and playing tunes that the dumb-ass crowd want's to hear - and playing 'em more than once???

Because, when you're in the booth playing to a massive crowd, maybe it dioesn't really matter how hard you worked to get there? (Insert Jesus pose HERE).
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Kid kenobi clubbers guide to breaks 1 was my intro to breaks when I was 17 which was my favorite style of music for years, I saw him tear up kryal castle soon after finding it. Shame he lost his soul to ministry of sound. It's a brutal but fair protrail of his later years though.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Pauly D is living the dream. He's got some very basic skills, but he's not a great DJ, and he's playing to packed crowds that love what he does.

More evidence that the average punter hasn't got a clue what the DJ is doing - and can't tell the difference between DJ Shadow and Pauly D.

In fact, I bet at his shows, the little group of guys discussing how bad he is are he ones considered "douches"... That's actually a bit frightening.

So, kids, it's up to you. Do you aspire to be the next Carl Cox, taking years to master your craft, understanding every genre there is, and developing an individual style? OR - do you aspire to be the next Pauly D? Learning the absolute basics and playing tunes that the dumb-ass crowd want's to hear - and playing 'em more than once???

Because, when you're in the booth playing to a massive crowd, maybe it dioesn't really matter how hard you worked to get there? (Insert Jesus pose HERE).
    Excatly!

I see it here in Cape Town...on a MUCH smaller scale.

You are booked due to your popularity...rather than skill.

Oh...and it SOOO goes to their heads. Then a year later when someone else is more popular....they depressed and wonder what the hell happened.

HEHEHEHEHEHE....SHAME!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Passion > Money
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

i fucking hate this guy! pardon my french but i really do. sometimes he gets on my local radio station with "dj diamond cuts" and "DJ's" fucking horrible though as soon as they come on they are always like playing some stupid "siren" sound effect that sounds like its coming from virtual dj. anyways i try not to listen to that station but sometimes i get bored ya know. everything they play is annoying! man i really gotta get a better sound system in my car... or burn more cd's or get a better way of hooking up my mp3 player but I'm lazy and spend too much time on my dj set up

From what I've seen Pauly D really doesn't seem like a bad guy, but he does seem like a bad dj.

anyone else find it amazing that at such a high profile production they didn't even have basic stuff like having the openers NOT play the tunes the headliners was gonna play down?
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

9:53pm – I start to wonder if Pauly didn’t make a deal with some kind of demonic force, but is himself said demonic force.

It makes you think with all the money he gets from these shows, how has he not taken the liberty to take a course or two on scratching, or organise his sets and openers to not play his tracks?

So when are the tickets coming out for a 'Paris VS Paulie back to back Battle of the decks?'
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

He plays for the crowd.. entertains them, says random jokes and things over the mic... it gets the crowd moving
    only a handful of people at his shows stand off and judge what he's doing, while everyone else is dancing, drinking, and having a good time

most of the people standing in the corner also paid the 20-50bucks per ticket to get in (the day of Jay at Zouk dallas was getting 50+ a ticket at the door because it was damned near at capacity at one of the biggest clubs in Dallas)

at the end of the day isn't that what its about... playing for the crowd, and not for yourself? If people are dancing and having fun, who cares if you train wreck the whole night and jump on the mic at times that make no sense.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast