Reccommened Monitor speakers??
    Tech Wizard

Default Reccommened Monitor speakers??

I have two speakers that are too big to sit on my table, looking to sell them and get monitor speakers

Anyone recomend monitor speakers that are under £150??
    Toshibha Satellite, 8GB RAM, Intel i3 processor, 2.40 GHz -Hercules Dj Control Steel -Traktor Pro 2 -Midi Fighter: Beatmasher
    -QTX sound Powered 150 WATT Speakers

Tech Mentor

Most will suggest KRK Rokit's or M-Audio Bx Series.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by LIVEMAU5 View Post
    I have two speakers that are too big to sit on my table, looking to sell them and get monitor speakers

Anyone recomend monitor speakers that are under £150??
    I would follow the KRK recommendation, but if the exchange rate was different I would highly recommend:

Equator D5s:

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5_Studi..._Pair_p/d5.htm

Tech Wizard
    Toshibha Satellite, 8GB RAM, Intel i3 processor, 2.40 GHz -Hercules Dj Control Steel -Traktor Pro 2 -Midi Fighter: Beatmasher

Tech Mentor

The M-Audio's are the better of the two... but bass will be SEVERELY lacking. They are both basically computer speakers as opposed to studio monitors.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

The M-Audio BX5a would be a better option in your price range.

Tech Wizard

Their abit out of my price range right now but I should be running into some cash soon. Do you think rokits are up to all the hype or what? I know like loads of producers and djs have them..

Also, should I choose the rokits or settle for Audio m, ive learnt more than anything in my time as a dj that the rule you buy cheap you buy twice is paramount

Loads of people on here will recommend KRK's, but personally I think they are over hyped. Personally I use Mackie Mr5 mk2's and I find them much clearer than any KRK's i've heard. You can get a set of those for about £220 now.

I totally agree with Conall on this.

I have tried around 30 pairs of monitors in the sub €300,- range and the MR5s came in top.
    KRKs have way more tainted sound when comparing to the MR5s, and the MR5s tend to be more responsive over the entire frequency bandwidth.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --