Set up questions
    Tech Student

Default Set up questions

So im looking at buying some cheap CD decks and a mixer so i can learn how to mix 'properly' (i.e. without a laptop). I've been mixing on a mixtrack pro for about a year now and still want the option of using traktor when i get my new set up. My question is what do i need on top of: cd decks/mixer/timecoded cd's/rca cables/powered speakers/laptop/external soundcard (could i use my mixtrack pro as the sound card?)

Thanks for any replies

You will need to buy an Audio 6 or 10, which is the only way to get TSP unless you already have a certified mixer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Student

Are there any cheaper alternatives that would work? The NI audio range is pretty steep
    Cheers for the help

mixing "properly" can also be done through the controller. I learned through my denon mc2000. you could always turn your laptop around so you could not see the wave forms. just set a number of tracks that you would want to use and use the scroll knob to select random songs.

well it worked for me.

also if you are going to mix without your laptop, just cdjs and mixers are enough.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Quote Originally Posted by danmau5 View Post
    Are there any cheaper alternatives that would work? The NI audio range is pretty steep
    Cheers for the help
    nothing worth mentioning on DJTT.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

you think NI is steep, then you haven't seen the serato boxes. hehe

If you already have saved for the cdjs and mixer, sell your mixtrack pro, buy a used audio 4/6/8/10.

buy used.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story