How to cut an echo effect like beat delay in Maschine from carrying into the next bar

Default How to cut an echo effect like beat delay in Maschine from carrying into the next bar

Basically, I have a scene that has a beat delay effect, but the delays keep going when the scene scene stops, I want them to stop when the scene stops.

I searched but found no explanation how to do that, probably because I'm not sure how to word it for a search.

Seems like a basic function, I tried automation, but it doesn't work, the delays still go on even if I automate the effect to stop. Even automated the volume to stop but sounds the same. When I record the automations it sounds like a want, but during playback it doesn't do anything.

Any advice?

Choke.

what about bouncing it down to audio and then just cutting back the wave form when you want it to stop?

Tech Mentor

Automation is the best way. However, if it's the same pattern being used in the next scene you should use an FX input.

1. on an un used group, on an empty sound create an input module.
    2. In the remaining modules select the desired FX.
    3. on the Automation Variables, select MIX
    4. Route the sound you want to be "delayed" to the group with the input module
    5. In the input module you can create patterns. mess with all the different parameters of effect.
    6. On one of the patterns automate the mix all the way down.
    7. Insert above pattern into desired scene

Thanks for posting that video, that is exactly what I was looking for. Problem was I watched a few videos while searching and it starts to get time consuming watching a long video then realizing they are not going to get to what you need to know.

I did bounce the track out to a WAV file then edited it as was mentioned above, but I wanted to find a way to do it in Maschine since I usually don't bounce stuff out until later. Also, my old way of doing things was everything on the timeline, even fills and everything else was just one-shots placed on the timeline in my DAW, which can become a huge jumble pretty quickly, so I'm trying to keep my workspace a lot more simple.

Thanks everybody!

Tech Mentor

Glad the vid helped.

With regards to the samples, If it's a one-shot change it to ADR or ASDR and play with the Release time so that it cut's off when the note is released but not so sharply that it clicks.